the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:53 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
I'm firewalled (and tend not to tool with it)
I'm new to Bit Torrent but it sounds interesting.
P.S. Should I go with reg. release or a modified one? Why?

I would use the modified one. I have dsl and while my max upload is around 50k, if I uploaded more then 24k/s it kills my downloads.(strangley I can go over 24k/s on multiable bt downloads). I think shaows bt is the best, but I allsow use torrent storm, and some other clients.... some times a bt link just doesn't seem to like me, till I switch programs.

Post subject: the hell with kazzalite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:43 am 
haha, you still use kazaa. that is a joke. kazza is pos, all that spyware in it, not to mention a ton of trojans in like half the d/ls. get dc++ and bit torrent and your set. if you can't find what your looking for then go on irc. then again if ur a leecher don't bother. dc++ doesn't take kindly to leechers which are ass monkeys in my book anyways. only people with dial up are concered with speeds. all u gotta do on dc++ is to start your download wait a few hours and your done. it usually depends who you connect to. kazaa, ha! only thing that emule had going for it was share reactor, last i checked the site was no more, unless they went underground somewhere. bit torrent would be great, but half the ppl that use are friggin leechers, so it doesn't work.

just leave bt up after your d/l is done, it makes everyone elses life easier. you don't seed the whole file at one time, only bits of it (ie: bit torrent)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:18 pm 
I tried Mirc, ick forget it too many rules on it. I use kazaalite too. I like the ease of use although I use abc for bittorrent it does not like my netgear router. I would like to see a P2P Prog that can access all the P2P networks, but I know that there is always instability in that. Its all about the user friendly stuffs. For me though I am always trying out newer software to find anime (I have 500 gigs of it or so) although I can only share about 100 gigs at a time. yeah leachers suck... but anyway anyone who can point my nose to the best anime P2P servers would be much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:36 am 
Fajne forum tylko nie wiem o co chodzi bo nie znam angielskiego :D No ale coś trzeba czytać więc sobie czytam.
Pozdro gorące dla was ludziska.
Hej

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:43 am 
Use Shareaza 2.0 55Kbyte/s on a 64Kbyte line im happy

kazaa lite will not work when K++ 3 comes out
plus kazaa users have a habit of getting sued

(If you dont share files dont expect to download fast)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:35 am 
[hey] anyone! have you tried bt client made by Chinese
i have tried some...but the interface not like traditional one!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:34 am 
GhOsT wrote:
its all about kazaalite

I agree. When it comes to p2p apps, KazaaLite K++ is what it's all about....contrary as to what people have said, it's not unstable, doesn't eat up your system's resources and you get an unlimited number of search results that actually will download....unlike eDonkey and crap like that where you have to sit in a queue line which is extremely lame and unnerving.

We all know BitTorrent kills all other forms of p2p though...hands down with no competition :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:41 pm 
You should try Ares

Post subject: BitTorrent Advantages
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:04 pm 
A lot of you discuss the perfect P2P system/protocol. If possible (not very technical), the ultimate would be one that acts like BitTorrent, mixed with the anynomity of Freenet http://www.freenetproject.org. That way no one knows who has what data, and people could download freely, since no one knows what data clients are downloading. This would however require fast connections from a large number of users before it could work seamlessly.

Still, I think we may have reached a milestone with BitTorrent. While some P2P programs like KaZaA, Limewire, eMule, etc. might offer better speeds, BT has one advantage I like a lot: I get to choose.
Search for "Britney Spears" on KaZaA and you might get a million hits, with a quarter million fakes in between. If I go to torrentbits.org and choose a download, I know what I'm getting. Of course sites such as Suprnova.org spoils this feature a bit, since they tend to put up everything (you might get a wrong language or a wrong file alltogether, just as with KaZaA), but then again, I can choose not to use Suprnova.org and merely look for torrents where I know I will get the real files.
At the same time, BT is the only protocol encouraging sharing. Back when I used Napster and all the P2P programs that followed, I probably had a sharing ratio of 1 to 10000. Now, it is probably 1 to 2, and the only reason for it not being 1:1 is partly because of my poor connection. Furthermore, sites such as Torrentbits.org reward users with ratios over 1.05, which means you actually have to go beyond just downloading the file, you have to keep sharing it.

The problem in this case is not the system - it is the users.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:07 pm 
jsfanaticc wrote:
You should try Ares
Exactly, if more ppl were on ares it would be the best out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:16 pm 
Firebird wrote:
KazaaLite is resource munching slow, unstable, insecure trash. Edonkey2000/Overnet/Emule are alright, althought a little sluggish. Bittorrent is in my opinion the closest to the 'dream' p2p currently, even if it only wins over overnet due to speed.

Emule is only slow if you don't share at least I get full bandwidth on emule

I only use bt,emule and winmx (new 2004 version) my self

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:13 pm 
IMO, BitTorrents are the best. You can almost ALWAYS get what you find available. Yes, perhaps, you can't do a search like Kazaa, Edonkey, Emule, etc...., but you can certainly always know without a doubt that you're going to get the download that you've connected to (unless of course the seeders all quit uploading or the trackers go down (but that's a very rare occasion)).

As far as bittorrent client programs, BitTornado is my favorite and, as far as I'm concerned, one of the best out there. The Shadow's certainly got himself a winning client :lol: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:07 pm 
I've tried Ares, and the best it can offer is music files. Even so, Ares is crawling with the RIAA, and various Universities tracking people. Use something like PeerGuardian and see. Oh my god. After I found Bit Torrent, and especially Bit Tornado, I'll never go back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:44 pm 
this is a page which gives spyware info on p2p clients

http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/p2p/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:54 am 
Well... I like bearshare for 2 things:

- Bitzi - finally I know if the file is a fake or not
- The ability to get amazing download speeds altough I'm behind NAT/Firewall! It's a very cool idea, and SO FAR I haven't seen a SINGLE p2p client that gets me d/l speeds even CLOSE to BearShare. If BitTorrent had that function (nodes wanting to conn. to you send a info to the nodes already connected to give me a sign that someone wants to connect to me, so I connect to them), BT would be the perfect p2p, I think.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next