the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: my bad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:42 pm 
now that I think of it, it sounds similar to grab and save
http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/16871.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:15 am 
Heh, sound like sites supporting twink is going to give the last (5?) IP that visit the page so the user can DL it off of them instead. Doesn't sound like such a bad idea, i know a few ppl sites that can use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:50 pm 
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Bat,
How I wonder what you're at:
Up above the world you fly
Like a tea tray in the sky,
Like at tea tray in the sky.

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Bat,
How I wonder what you're at:
Like a tea tray in the sky.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:25 pm 
TheSHAD0W wrote:
This would only be appropriate for static content, though you could use it to carry the static portion of a dynamic site.

Isn't it posible that servers (posible mirrors) share their DB contents and link them to have it up to date?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:05 pm 
"Twink" is gay slang for a young man, 18-25 years old. usually cute and fresh looking

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:57 am 
I have a weiner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:10 am 
My anus is bleeding!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:54 am 
Je moeder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:03 pm 
Guest (newbie) wrote:
TheSHAD0W wrote:
This would only be appropriate for static content, though you could use it to carry the static portion of a dynamic site.

Isn't it posible that servers (posible mirrors) share their DB contents and link them to have it up to date?

Um, I don't know about you, but as a webmaster, there's a lot of superfluous database stuff that I REALLY wouldn't want to let off my server. I mean, if someone wanted to log into my site, would it be a good idea to have the username and password on a peer as opposed to the server? Even if it was a hash of the password (you'd have to be silly for it not to be a hash), you still couldn't gaurantee that it's authentic... well you could, but there's still the issue of how much of your database do you want to distribute?

You could do some very application specific implementations of twink serving dynamic content, like some sort of twink-aware forum software on a twink-aware webserver - where users on a popular site wouldn't just download the threads/posts that you're looking at, but also popular ones. But that's not a very general application.

And in the case of a blog or a CMS, again, you'd have to be very careful about trusting a peer. How can you gaurantee that it's a true copy of the central server, and more importantly how can you be sure that the peer is holding an up-to-date version... Although I'm sure some creative use of RSS feeds could come in useful there.

Actually, if the central server would naturally be the tracker, so it would be in charge of versioning control anyway... I can see this becoming an interesting problem.

However, trying to manage dynamic sites would be a pain in so many different ways... Some hypothetical situations could be: if it's a server module (like an apache module) would it be aware of the server-side languages? Could it handle data generated by cgi modules (as opposed to apache modules - some run php as a cgi module because it can be more secure)? For intelligent version control it would need to know when the database is updated etc... would that be through the module generating the page, or would it need its own direct 'awareness' of the database? In which case drivers.

So yeah, I can see why TheShadow would want to keep it to static pages. :shock:

Post subject: Re: my bad
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:26 pm 
[DeHackEd strikes again!]

Post subject: Re: my bad
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:08 am 
[He snipes, he SCORES!]

Post subject: gfds
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:40 am 
[Urge to destroy world rising]

Post subject: sasdas
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:31 pm 
[DeHackEd IS here.]

Post subject: debtconsolidation
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:02 pm 
Hello everyone! Lot's of useful information on debt consolidation:
[Angering DeHackEd is a liability]

Buy-buy :-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2