the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:33 am 
Hmm... if there really isn't spyware in BitTornado then perhaps I got it when I uninstalled ABC? because I switched from ABC to BitTornado and I didnt install or uninstall anything else at that moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:00 pm 

Are you sure you aren't getting spyware by simply using a vulnerable web browser and just visiting the wrong sites or something?

Post subject: no adware here
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:09 pm 

I didnt get any spyware or adware when I installed bittornado. I use mozilla firefox as my browser and panda platimun interent security 8.02 with spyware and adware protection so it would have alerted me that it was present when I ran it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:13 pm 

There is absolutely no spyware or adware in Bit Tornado. I use Windows XP SP2, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Pestpatrol corporate has never alerted me of finding any when installing BitTornado.

I have my MCSE, I know it doesn't mean much.. but I know a lot about Windows and have yet to see any come from Shad0w.

When sp2 of windows xp comes out you will be able to prevent such automatic installs into your computer from the 'bad websites' you guys seem to be going to.

Either get a girlfriend or wait for sp2 to come out to prevent you newbs from screwing up your systems. Another alternative would be to use a non-os browser such as firefox or opera.

Stop flaming because you want to push lesser clients.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:03 am 
Hi, first time poster and visitor here.

I saw this topic after installing 0.1.3, freaked out, and immediately ran a Spybot scan.

No resulsts. Therefore, Bittornado has no spyware or adware or anything of the sort.

Post subject: spyware
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:30 am 
I use bittornado 0.1.4. now and have after installing scanned my computer with spybot, adaware and spysweeper, all of them with updated engines and 'they found nothing about bittornado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:57 am 
Summed up in 3 letters: F U D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:42 am 
Can anyone tell me what is the differences between Experimental and Tornado? I could not find any article listing their differences.

Thanks for reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:25 am 
Try installing Bulletproofsofts Spyware/Adware remover. I find it catches more stuff than Ad aware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:52 am 

I personally prefer Spybot Search & Destroy (http://security.kolla.de) (beware of people misusing their name and supplying spyware-ridden crap instead). In combination with AVG, you're pretty well protected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:35 pm 
I've swapped back and forth between the old S release and the newer BitTornado releases a lot, and there's absolutely no indication of any spyware being installed. Hell, if you watch the installer it even tells you the names of the files being copied. :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:57 pm 
The linux version seems clean.

Post subject: Ummmm, wrong
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:30 am 
Tiraknor, sorry to say dude.... But you're an idiot.

No spyware to be found anywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:34 pm 
I wouldn't go so far as to call him an idiot, I just upgraded to v2.0 and found nothing, and I use SpyBot & AdAware. Can't you trace the source on your H/D for these Spyware, then eliminate the proper file?

Post subject: eep
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:07 am 
I had this problem as well, i didnt know where it came from, i realized this 180 ad program installed some other programs as well, most likely a spyware, got spybot updated and it was gone..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next