the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:24 pm 
When you say you have to change the port range and router, How do I change them? :( I don't know how to configure Bit Tornado. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:18 pm 
when u download ,

there is this 4 words on top right below the status display
details advanced pref about

single click on pref

to the top right , you would see
port range
to

, this is the port range they are talking about

as for the the router , you need to know how to go about tru the manual provided by its manufacturer

Post subject: How?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:12 pm 

Ahh anybody, sorry for asking stupid question, but I'm wondering where you have to go to change the port range and other stuff for BT client. Tried everything but to no good. I don't see any prefences for my BT client. Where could I find one? I'd appreciate any help that could be offerred.

THX!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:45 am 
alrite just a couple days a ago my BT was doing fine downlading at 100+ kb/s for active torrents...NOW it downloads at 10-20 kb/s uploading at about 10 kb/s average and i was using default ports ( 6881-6999 )

i did what shadow said i changed the ports between 10000-60000 but sorry to say nothing works and speeds are always crap im guessing this because my upload rates are crap so no one uploads to me....if ANYONE knows a way plz tell me im on a cable ISP called shaw and looks like they targeted me...

Post subject: isp range
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:12 am 
with default setting, i was able to download for 100+kbs. because of ISP problem, it decrease to less than 10. however, after i changed the port range to 20k to 40k, it increased to about 60kbs. i hope it works for you guys too. or anyone know better range or solution for tis?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:27 pm 
i maybe asking a stupid question but i don't get this!!!!
i'm using the latest bittornado rite now and i know i suppose to change the port range in it to something inbetween 10000-60000.....but when i do the d/l speed is slow as hell????normally, i get ok speeds but rite now with all the change....the average d/l and u/l speed is below 10k/b and sometimes even 0 k/bs....and it's a newly release torrent too.???? :cry: i also changed my router ports to the same range but it doesn't help at all....im i doing this rite?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:30 pm 
2 Questions:

1: I have Bit Torrent, which doesn't seem to have any way to alter preferences of any kind. Am I just out of luck unless I download BitTornado, or is there still a way to benefit from your advice?

2: My usual BT dl speed is around 7k, but on good days it can go as high as 45k. Wouldn't this indicate that the slow speed is due to something other than an ISP cap? I would think an ISP cap on my ports would have a more consistent slowing effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:36 am 
Considering my last BT file just downloaded at 80k, I'm going to assume that my more normal dl speeds of 4-10k are due solely to the available uploads and not to ISP throttling. Thanks for your attention, but I won't be checking back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:06 pm 
Not sure if it could be easily done to suit trackers, but BitTornado could begin torrent with multiple ports open from a list/range (including common ones like 20, 21, 25, 80, 443..) at the same time to see if any of them are throttled or firewalled and automatically choose one which gets best results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:56 pm 
surreyB.C wrote:
alrite just a couple days a ago my BT was doing fine downlading at 100+ kb/s for active torrents...NOW it downloads at 10-20 kb/s uploading at about 10 kb/s average and i was using default ports ( 6881-6999 )

i did what shadow said i changed the ports between 10000-60000 but sorry to say nothing works and speeds are always crap im guessing this because my upload rates are crap so no one uploads to me....if ANYONE knows a way plz tell me im on a cable ISP called shaw and looks like they targeted me...

Using shaw myself, having the same problem, I dont think theres any other explanation except our damn isp. Seems like they are one of them throtting our p2p connections. bittorent included. Heres a link for disscussion..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:49 pm 
Hmmmm...this will add to the great confusion....

I had BitTorrent and downloaded a 233mb file, which went at 50kb/s (I'm at 512k/s) and finished in 2 hrs or so...then I decide to trial BitTornado. I donwloaded a different file, with both clients (BitTorrent & BitTornado), in my peak-hour time (where my ISP caps me to 128k/32k) and guess what? BitTorrent downloads faster than BitTornado (10kb/s compared to 0-3kb/s), and thats with a firewall on and BitTornado set to 13000-20000 range randomized! I mean, what the....?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:47 pm 
If my bittornado goes through a router, how can i munipulate the settings to obtain the best speed? I'm getting like 3kb/sec right now

(I disabled the firewall already)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:30 pm 
Hi guys.

I didn't quite understand the port thing yet. Let me show you my example:

I'm using a router with NAT enabled. I configured BT to use a port range from 40035-40045.

When I start downloading and the peers connect I get the IP and port from them. Lets say 3 peers are connected.. when I go check my router NAT port assignements I see that (im using ficitious IPs here)
64.3.10.11 port 6000
100.100.2.3 port 3000
11.38.25.12 port 2000

are connected and my NAT translates those addresses to my internal LAN as

1.1.1.1 port 4000
1.1.1.1 port 4001
1.1.1.1 port 4002
(1.1.1.1 is my computer)

and then my NAT send the information back to those peers with my WAN external IP like this

64.12.12.24 port 4000
64.12.12.24 port 4001
64.12.12.24 port 4002

so my question is: what is the port range thing I configured in BT (40035-40045) importance in all this as it seems its not even using those port ranges ?

From what I understood im receiveing the external IP and port from the peer, then my NAT is translating it to my computer using a default port range around 4000+ and then returning the data for the peer with my external WAN IP and using the same port it used for my iternal translation, in this case 4000+ range.

any info will be greatly apreciated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:35 am 
Anybody can let me know how to config the port range if I'm using a router

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:37 pm 
DeHackEd wrote:
Those probably read the packets though. For an ISP, it's too infeasable to read every single packet and figure out what is what. And no ISP would use Linux for its core routing. No serious ISP anyways.

Obviously you've never been to many "serious" ISPs. Leave your opinion at the door where assholes belong.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next