the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:55 pm 
I looked briefly through the forums (read: searched) and found no topics dealing with this rather odd bug.

Whenever I start a torrent (on both 5.7.1 AND 5.8.11), after I select the torrent, files get made, but the torrent never starts. It fails. And it always says, "Error (time). Couldn't listen - (10049, "Can't assign requested address")."

Any thoughts as to what the heck this might be?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:42 pm 

Something -- perhaps Windows' built-in firewall -- is preventing the program from accessing TCP/IP. I can't help you further. Anyone here have any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:18 pm 
I've got exactly the same problem but as far as i know i havn't got any firewall in my windows. I'm behind a router but I opened the ports which have to be opened..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:27 pm 

No, it'd have to be local, something in the OS causing it. Maybe you reduced the client's port range and some other application is using all the ports?

I was considering an option to allow the program to run without even trying to open a server port. The result would be the client's being thoroughly yellow-lighted, but at least you'd be able to download...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:43 am 

The SHADOW - Firstly - Big Thanks for the excellent prog

Same problem here! But perhaps slightly different.

I upgraded to BitTornado 0.1.4 (from 0.0.1) last nite and started two new downloads, one about 400 MB and the other about 1095 MB.

This morning when I came to check the progress, the first was about 85% complete and running at a download rate of about 50 - 60 kB/s with something like 15 peers and 4 seeds and the second one about 60%, at much the same download rate but with lesser number of peers.

Soon after that the system ran out of disc space and the downloads stopped. I cleared some other stuff off the drive but the two BitTorrent downloads did not start automatically, (not sure if they are supposed to). Anyway I cancelled both of them and then restarted them again.

The smaller one started and picked up virtually the same number of peers and seeds. The other one came up with the message:

ERROR Problem connecting to tracker <urlopen error (10049 "Can't assign requested address")>

Now that happened about five minutes after they stopped. Nothing in the system such as firewalls etc. would have changed. All I did was to delete a couple of redundant folders to make more room.

I have tried to re-start it right through the day with the same results. In the meantime the other download finished normally.

Do you still think it is an OS problem. Not sure what OS the other guys run, mine is Win 98 SE in a 1 GHz Pentium III machine. Connection is ADSL 1500/256 b/s, D-Link DSL-504 4 port modem/router, with client's port range 6881-6900 redirected, The same port range is listed in BitTornado Prefs. No SW firewalls in the system.

Any ideas??? How can I get back to finish off the download???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:53 am 
I have the same error with a torrent for Mafia. I'm at about 40% now but it cant continue because of the 1049 error. A torrent for Big Fish is just resuming fine. Nothing wrong there. I have no firewall but i am behind a router, but i've already opened the ports for Bittorrent.

Please help

Post subject: Same problem
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:18 pm 
One file works fine, the other give the "can't assign requested address" error. I've reinstalled BitTorrent, same problem. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:48 am 
I'm having the same problem with all torrents i try to open.

Post subject: error 10049
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:18 pm 
If receiving 'error 10049; can't assign requested address'
make sure to check the "IP to bind to" setting under "prefs" -> "advanced"

I recieved this error until i checked the ip address, which turned out to be wrong. After clearing the space (letting BT automatically detect the local IP address) and RESTARTING the gui, it worked fine.

Post subject: 10049 error
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:38 am 
Hi there,

I've encountered the same issue and tried the limited suggestions that are about, but it seems pretty clear that it's not a client or OS issue.
Just to control for that possibility, i opened another torrent file and successfully downloaded the file.
I also tried the tracker link thru advanced and, of course, the tracker was down.
This indicates to me at least that the 10049 error is quite similar to the 10060 "can't connect to tracker" error...
so i'd recommend that anyone encountering 10049 errors just wait a bit and try dl'ing later. and don't trust the stats on suprnova...
hope this helps, or at least doesnt hurt.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]