the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:47 am 
I have seen several times that Bittornado GUI disappears totally. It is no longer in taskbar, but when you check what processes are running it is there running just fine. You just cannot access it anymore. I always have to kill it totally and restart it in order to make it funtion properly.

I think that it is related to window minimize function, but that is not 100% sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:46 am 

This is usually due to Explorer crashing. Nothing I can do about it, I'm afraid; it's at a level of abstraction I don't work with. Go bug the people at wxPython.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:01 am 
RE: BitTornado disappearing but still in Task Manager

Just to fill people in a bit more on the problem and a cure:

The problem: seems to occur when you have "Minimize to system tray" selected in "Prefs". When you Minimize a torrent, the gui for BitTornado (not sure about other clients) may disappear.

The solution: is found with cmdow.
This allows you to find a handle to the missing gui and Restore it.
What worked for me:
1. Download and copy the util to %systemroot%\system32
2. Run "cmdow | more" at a command prompt
3. Find the Handle (1st field in the output of cmdow) to the top level gui that has disappeared. Here you are looking for an entry like:
"0x260B60 1 724 Min Ina Ena Vis btdownlo 49.5% (732.53 MiB) Need.for.Speed.Unde ..."
The missing gui should have a "Level" of "1" (2nd field).
4. Once you've found the correct Handle, type: cmdow <Handle> /RES
So for my example:
"cmdow 0x260B60 /RES"
This should bring back the missing gui.

Hope this helps!
rac^it^up :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:52 pm 
I think your solution fixes a different problem.
The problem most of us are having is that Bittorenado stays in the taskbar after you close the torrent. Not when you minimize it.

Post subject: same problem
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:41 pm 
I have had this problem for a long time now and it does not happen when xplorer crashes it happens on any torrent i close down the process will stay running. i can open one right now and close it and it will stay as a proccess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:34 am 
yeah, i've got the same problem halfelite. every single time i close down a torrent the process stays alive in the taskmanager. i don't have problems with it disappearing when i minimize, just that the process stays alive after closing the torrent.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:42 am 
In preferences uncheck "minimize to system tray". The application has a problem exiting if that option is checked. I read in another post that the author will incorporate a fix in the next release.

Once that option is unchecked, not having any other problems with the program

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]