the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:44 pm 
yaaa hi i have just downloaded bit torrent and i have tried downloading a file.1st thing it was very slow.2nd thing why do i download bit tornado.its alll very confusing .can u help me ???????.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:05 am 
Lets see if I can help ya...

1. Download speed depends on a couple of things. The major ones are: A. Peers/Seeds and B. Server setup
A. The more people your connected to, the more file chunks you can download at the same time.
B. Many servers are setup in a way that prioritizes fast uploaders. Meaning if you're uploading more, you'll end up downloading more.(unless bottlenecking is an issue)
So basically wait a bit.. I was recently downloading a linux DVD at 250kbps.. but for the first hour I was going at 5kbps =/

2. You don't need to download bittornado... its just a better program IMHO. The official bittorrent client doesn't have enough features, Azureus uses to much ram/cpu, and all the others have their own faults :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:06 pm 
Whats with the run of people downloading and installing BitTornado who have no idea what it is or even what a torrent is??? Normally I dont install a program on my system until:

[1] I know what it is
[2] I know I need it

Spectre

Post subject: thanks for not helping
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:26 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Whats with the run of people downloading and installing BitTornado who have no idea what it is or even what a torrent is??? Normally I dont install a program on my system until:

[1] I know what it is
[2] I know I need it

Spectre
And you were born with torrent know-how?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:07 pm 

He is talking about Programs in General.... that are avalible on the internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:17 am 
Quote:
Whats with the run of people downloading and installing BitTornado who have no idea what it is or even what a torrent is???

Remember back in the 90's when all of the AOL'ers discovered the usenet?

Same thing...

T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:28 am 
how do you clean IE cache

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]