the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:00 pm 
We've had the %#$@% yellow light for a month & download speeds of 0 & 1 kB/s.

We were doing all the right things (port triggering, etc) & had pretty much tried everything suggested on these forums.

But last night in desperation we renamed the application on our Linksys Router (BEFSX41) to "torrent" - prior to that we had the application name as "bt".

BAM! - instant green light.

Neither of us have ANY clue why this made a difference (and really are questioning whether it SHOULD have make a difference), but it seems it did because we didn't change anything else.

Now we're dancing aroung in glee (like idiots) - all because of that wonderful little green light & my current download has gone from 4856 hours to 38 hours to go! Woo Hoo!!

Post subject: Possible reason
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:12 pm 

May be u changed the name and enabled it. That could be a possible explanation, right?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:11 am 

Mrs Hardly wrote:
We've had the %#$@% yellow light for a month & download speeds of 0 & 1 kB/s.

We were doing all the right things (port triggering, etc) & had pretty much tried everything suggested on these forums.

But last night in desperation we renamed the application on our Linksys Router (BEFSX41) to "torrent" - prior to that we had the application name as "bt".

BAM! - instant green light.

Neither of us have ANY clue why this made a difference (and really are questioning whether it SHOULD have make a difference), but it seems it did because we didn't change anything else.

Now we're dancing aroung in glee (like idiots) - all because of that wonderful little green light & my current download has gone from 4856 hours to 38 hours to go! Woo Hoo!!

I have a Linksys Router, i'd like to know where you did that.
I have the same problem. My DLs start around 20kB/s and then just plummet to 0 or 1, if i'm lucky it'll stay around 5kB/s.
Also my UL rate is at like, 70! So please, tell me where you did that at

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:09 pm 
It took a while but I did a few things that finally worked.

I updated my router firmware to the most current.
I forwarded ports 6881-6999 (in router setup) to my pc's ip address (ipconfig /all to check)
Most importantly, under prefs in bt, I change the ports to 6881 to 6999 and unchecked randomize.

Bam, green w/ 110kB downloads, download time went from 38 hours to 1 hour. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:55 pm 
Will someone please tell me how i can find out what router I'm using? It's difficult to solve my problems with bit torrent not knowing this. I'm being asked what router I'm on...and I honestly have no clue. I don't mean to be an airhead on this. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me out. Thanks

Post subject: ????
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:19 pm 
Do you have DSL or Cable or Dial up?

What do you have your pc plugged into for Internet access?

You don't necessarily have one. Cable/DSL modems can plug directly into your pc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:10 pm 
I'm on LAN at my university. I found out that I have 3Com, but i'm still unable to portforward even after i get a static ip. when I enter my router's ip into the web browser it just says site not found. This all seems pretty effing hopeless! I've been working on this for the past 7 hours and I'm nowhere. :oops: :x

If you can help thanks. Currently i'm using bit tornado. i have a 3 com etherlink XL 10/100 PC Management NIC router (whatever that is). I'm using windows xp pro, and the firewall is off. and i also use symantec anti virus program. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:20 am 
Some people are so clueless. What a sore loser.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]