the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:01 pm 
Hi I have a netgear mr814 and keep getting a yellow on my bittornado. Never does download fast even though my connection is 10Mbit/sec :cry: . Always in single digits! How do I get it to DL faster?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:34 pm 
i have been getting a yellow light and the blue light when i am trying to upload. my rates range from 1kb to 31 kb. is that normal? i have created a static ip address, forwarded ports 6881-6889 on my linksys befw11s4 ver. 4 router, my windows firewall and my bit tornado. i have avast version 4.5 home edition as my anti-virus software. i see no firewall there, but i could be mistaken. am i missing part of the puzzle?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:23 am 
I have recently switch from a Dlink 604 router to the Belkin F5D7230-4. On the dlink router my speeds varried from about 75 to 100kbps. Not the greatest, but it was acceptable. However now on the Belkin I'm lucky if I hit 10kbps. All the ports 6881 to 6999 have been opened, and as well as port 6969 for the tracker. Nothing else in the network has changed, but still no matter what I do I cannot get rid of the yellow dot in bit torrando. My last choice would be to use Azureus, but the last time I tried it, I didn't get great speeds. Please for the Love of God help :shock:
smang wrote:
i'm using Belkin F5D7230-4 on windows xp.

i've done port forwarding.
and i've turned off my xp firewall.
but its still yellow light instead of a green one.
my average dl speed is like 6kB/s sometimes even 3kB/s
when i try pluggin modem directly to my pc it turned to green instantly
so i assume its something to do with my router.

inbound port as 6881-6999
private port as 6881-6999
type TCP

is that correct?

can someone please help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:40 pm 
All I know is that I have a Dell 2002 XP. I don't have a clue what firewall I am using. Can someone tell me how to fix it for Bit Tornado. I have that annoring yellow light and when I click force green when firewalled, it turns green.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:43 pm 
I am the same person as above. I have a dial-up modem built into my computer and it is hooked up to bell south.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:45 pm 
I am the same as above. Hwo do you bypass te firewall without turning it off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:43 pm 
Its just to realize it. Torrent and torrentsites sucks. Its only good for people with slow Internet connection. Today when you must have a firewall or router to skip virus, trojans, spywares and hackers this doesnt just work for people who dont know how to set up the router in port forwarding.

And when you open ports in your router, well then you open holes for those thousands hackers around the world who only want to get inside your computer.

Skip this shit and use direct connect instead. Its the best program for downloading copyrighted files ever. Realize it. I'm done with this crap.

Adios!

Post subject: port triggering?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:37 am 
this may sound a bit noobish... but erm... what is port triggering? how do i set it up exactly? to 6969? i know the number but not where to put it...??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:27 am 

Port triggering is just a way of having a router open an incoming port when an outgoing tcp connection is made on a specific port. Such as people on IRC wanting port 113 to accept connections when they connect to an IRC server on port 6667 (the "trigger" port). Using port triggering for bittorrent is difficult since trackers can be listening on any port they wish and other peers can also be listening on any port they wish, so having a reliable trigger port won't work very well. It generally is better to just use static port mapping and make your IP static on your LAN.

Post subject: THANKS!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:50 pm 
That site helped a bunch. After properly fowarding my ports and getting a static ip, I restarted my computer and finally got a green light. Thanks!

Post subject: geez! it's working now!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:59 am 
Thanks a millionnn!!

Before this, emule just kept assigning "LowID" to me. what a shame!!

Now I got that "HighID"!! Thanx. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:43 am 
Hi guys, I just changed my modem from Aztech to 2Wire 2700HG.

Before changing to this modem, I had no problem with my Azureus. But since I had just changed to 2Wire 2700HG, I noticed on Azureus, it kept appearing yellow saying my NAT have problem.

I went to check it mentioning I need to open the port 139? http://bt.degreez.net/firewalled.html

So, am I right to say that I just need to open port 139 and everything will be fine?

I had checked with portforward.com site but was unable to find out the model no. I had. My modem doesnt even detect I had a torrent program under firewall section. (Which I found the site did show its able to show the torrent program)

How can this be done, anyone can help me with it? Hope to it done with and view the green light again. :(

Thanks alot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:24 am 
thank u very much for this... waiting for more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:30 am 
ML wrote:
thank u very much for this... waiting more from u
and sorry because I wrote alittle bun I am very very bad by english

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:24 am 
Hi, i have a router that doesnt allow for a range of ports to be opened, got to do it 1 by 1, but i can only have upto 20 ports opened. Anyone know what i should be doing ?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next