the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:36 am 
Hello,

Well, a download rate cap in the gui version would be nice (and not too hard to implement), like the btdownloadcurses.py has it as a command line flag.

Post subject: make torrents
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:45 pm 
how about the ability to make torrents, with a simple gui... that would be convenient...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:52 pm 
It would be swell if btlaunchmany moved torrents and the data to another directory when they finish.

I'm not sure if this is something appropriate for the ui or for the core. It seems that if the ui did it, then you'd have to recheck the file, which is probably something good, but just as you become a seed is not a good time to drop and recheck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:29 am 
I just hope to see Unicode in UTF-8 encoding for handling the file name of torrent files and files in the torrent file.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:34 pm 
I am not sure if this is possible, or even where this would apply, but I think the following would prevent a Torrent from ever becoming extinct, and also would not require any true seeders other than the original:

If a client has received all but 1 piece of an entire Torrent (ie 99.9%), it would not be allowed to recieve the last piece until the number of distributed copies amungst the other non-seeding clients is above 1. This would ensure that clients are not able to disconect until the balance of the clients are able to download a complete copy without them.

For the more popular Torrents, this would rarely effect anyone. For the less popular ones however, it would give people piece of mind that they will not see that last seed disapear when they can only see .987 copies out there.

The only way I see this failing is by having an incomplete client disconect with 1 or more unique pieces.

RoverT

Post subject: adjusting peer send time
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:38 pm 
Is there a way to adjust how long one can stay connected to a client while sending data? As in limiting how long one sends data. Is it a fixed interval b4 it switches to other peers cuz i wud like to be able to dynamically change this value say from at least 10 seconds to like a minute or anything not too outrageous that wud slow the send process down. Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:31 am 
With automatic upload rate, it should reset after you finish downloading because when mine's on 0 upload, it won't seed unless i manually change it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:29 pm 

For people with faulty routers/firewalls, how about expanding the port selection possibilities by letting the user set up a number of possible ports that aren't necessarily consecutive, so I can have multiple instances of the program running, each on a different fully functional port? If you do, letting the user prioritize those ports instead of just letting him randomize their selection would also be a good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:26 pm 

Another suggestion - when I have more than one torrent running, I'd like to be able to prioritize them, not have the less important torrent choke up the important torrent's downstream bandwidth.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:59 am 

This suggestion is almost completely from my personal tastes of a design bittornado has. When prioritizing the downloads in a multi-file torrent, the file names turn red, blue, etc. . .
It'd be nice if the colors disappeared when the file was done downloading and just returned to the normal black script. This would also help to quickly check what files were done.
Or, alternatively, the entire file name could turn green instead of just the sphere to the left of the file name turning green. Not a big deal, just a simple suggestion.
I'd also like to remind anyone who's reading these suggestions about previous suggestions made for a timer/scheduler of some sort.
Thx for reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:56 pm 

something to the effect of

"Connected Peers 12" -> "Total Peers 23"
and
"Connected Seeds 3" -> "Total Seeds 5"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:26 pm 
I would like to press:

=> [shift]+[minimize] for system tray

and

=> [minimize] for taskbar

:wink:

obs> administrador, can you send me activation of my account? thanks

--
powtrix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:18 pm 
qtorrent for linux has seemd to have success in taking parts from bittornado and have made an awesome multi-torrent client.... but its only for linux :(

Any chance of borrowing back and making the best torrent client (bittornado) better?... and lighter? :D

http://thegraveyard.org/qtorrent.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:15 am 
There is one thing I'd want to see in future version, and that is

:arrow: a "recent torrents" list, where the program lists all the torrents you have used and you could activate any of the torrents from that list.

I think it would be handy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:44 am 

Maybe create an intergrated torrent list with files that you pause or put on queue. I saw this on some other BT client, but that one was frikken slow.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next