the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:29 am 

nice job buzzard.. i like idea but i dont think its posible to do with python.. im not sure tho :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:14 am 
how about using Flash to make a client? you can have good looks and multi platform application. Or maybe interaction betweem python & flash sort a like the ashampoo winoptimizer platinum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:52 am 
Hmmm i love bittornado exactly the way it is now... why change it into a bogware?

Thanks theshadow for a great client already though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:36 pm 

Onanie wrote:
Hmmm i love bittornado exactly the way it is now... why change it into a bogware?

Thanks theshadow for a great client already though

OMG! Thank you! Finally someone that see's it my point of view :D !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:46 pm 
Yes I too think the current GUI is working out nicely. You may only need to change a few things on the overall GUI to include support for multiple torrents but still the current GUI looks nice and works perfectly. Thanks TheSHADOW for the best BT client, atleast in my opinion lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:48 pm 

"Bogware"? Don't worry, I think most everyone will like the end result.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:35 pm 
hm... Shadow, i really appreciate your client - it's teh best around, but is it really necesary to change its GUI? Personally, I really like the separated download windows that just minimize into the sys tray. They are much simpler to deal with, IMO, than one large window with a ton of options that I'm too lazy to fiddle with. It's your program tho, if you do make it into one large window, keep it simple. Bare essential options like, limit upload, #of ppl to upload to, manual announce button, finish allocating button, and maybe the external announce. I think taht's all you really need, (hehe, a bit selfish on my part tho, b/c those are the only options i use). Also, I really like your indicator/status light that shows how well the torrent's going. Hooray for simplicity. Thanks for the awesome program Shadow, gl with anything you choose to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:50 am 

Yeah, I'm not really into fancy GUI's either, current look is fine for me. Just add the "stop seeding when ratio hits x:x" -function to the UI used in 0.2.0 and it's almost perfect.

EDIT: But the more I think about it, the more sleipners GUI appeals to me.. Confusing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:49 pm 

The change will help reduce system overhead significantly. Which would you prefer, 4 separate clients in memory taking 30 megs of RAM each, or one taking 40?

Relax. I'm planning to implement this in multiple ways, including one that looks very much like how it is now, except that the separate display windows will all be combined internally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:42 pm 

Hi, i am a big fan of shadow's client. And it's great to here about developing a mutli-client console for it. And sorry for my rusty firework skill.

I would like the new Bittorando to look unquie and simple. Not like other BT client with a table of stuff. What i like about the shadow's client is the light, it tells you instantly what the hell is going on with your torrent. SO i think it should be the "selling point" of this new GUI.

The idea is a list of BIG light which shows the info that matter, How many did it download and how fast. The % will be BIG inside the light, that should be pretty informative. I think something can be worked on how to present the name, but listing it below the light will be a temp normal solution. Then, below the name will be the ONLY transfer rate that matter, that is download speed for a non-complete one and the upload speed for a seed. This will make things simple.

User can access other info either by clicking the light, while will loop through other info like share rate, speed of both download/upload, MB downloaded, total, uploaded.

When you select the "torrent light", it display the regular shadow's client interface, which i guess will require less coding. I think there should be an upload setting for EACH torrent, for sometime u want to seed something that has less seed and not seeding for those with lots of seed already. Then i think a seed timer will be cool.

This is just an idea, i guess someone can do better graphic and such.

Hope you like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:56 pm 

Very interesting, matfz!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:01 pm 

Kinda confusing, but I like the concept and I like it. I expecially like the idea about "torrent light".

By the way Shad0w, are you still thinking about implementing a plug-in function?

~Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:08 pm 
I really like the ABC interface and queue functions. I read at the ABC forum that Choopan, the author, had suggested that theSHAD0W's client and ABC should merge. Or actually, it sounded more like he wanted to hand over ABC here. But maybe theSHAD0W is such a perfectionist and lone-wolf that it's not to think of? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:44 pm 
My attempt is pretty simple, but it was entirely done with html and the hta application launcher so :p

www.versuscity.net/crap/bittornado.png

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:59 pm 
no offence shakoor_h but that splash screen you made just, plain sucks anus. blows goats to

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next