the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Thx
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:29 am 
NIce work, it worked for me!! Stupid router :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:08 pm 
phunnelcake wrote:
i cant get this thing working. Downloads are 3 kb/s max

my ip address using ipconfig /all in cmd

im using 35000 - 35020

my WAN IP

the changes

the circle is still yellow. i also tried ports 15000 - 15020, what did i do wrong.? windows firewall is disabled, but i did it with sygate on and off

I have the exact same set up and still cant get it to work. I wonder if my isp(time warner) has a proxy set up?

Post subject: port forwarding
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:10 pm 
on a linksys router, you first have to go to the filters tab, scroll down to where you see "block WAN request" and disable it. then forward whatever ports you want to use and make sure you have bittornado set to use those same ports. i personally didn't have to enter my ip address into the advanced options to get the green light so not sure how necessary that is.

as for how to find out what ports bittornado is using, open the client and click on "advanced". at the bottom of the page, it will say "listening on port...."

hope this helps

Post subject: port forwarding
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:10 pm 
on a linksys router, you first have to go to the filters tab, scroll down to where you see "block WAN request" and disable it. then forward whatever ports you want to use and make sure you have bittornado set to use those same ports. i personally didn't have to enter my ip address into the advanced options to get the green light so not sure how necessary that is.

as for how to find out what ports bittornado is using, open the client and click on "advanced". at the bottom of the page, it will say "listening on port...."

hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:50 pm 

I've got this same router and I don't have any problems getting a green light while leaving "Block WAN Request" set to Enabled. I wouldn't change that. Also, I've never had to use anything other than the default settings in the Advanced Preferences. Have you disabled "UPnP Port Forwarding" in the BT preferences?

Post subject: Fixed finally
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:13 pm 
Finally got mine to go green. It took one sentence from one of the later posts to get it going properly.

Quote:
For those of you still having problems after doing everything suggested here, find out what ports your client is using.

Quote:
how to find out what ports bittornado is using, open the client and click on "advanced". at the bottom of the page, it will say "listening on port...."

changed the port forwarding in the router to encompass that port and bingo it worked.

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:48 pm 
thank you for the useful info followed it to the T and it worked again thanks adam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:27 pm 

Adam wrote:
Bit Torrent Configuration

1) Download the conectionchecker.torrent file [http://bittornado.com/connection-checker.torrent ]
:?

i know that it is supposed to come up with an error message but it just says a long stream of a place on my comp (c:/program files blah blah) and "application not found" does that mean there is a problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:03 pm 
Thanks, I just got a green light for the first time. Your method wasn't working at first, then I noticed I had my IP adress set at 192.168.1.1. Changing it to 192.168.1.100 fixed it.

Post subject: finally!!
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:50 am 
Whew finally got my 1st green lite after almost 6 months. :D
thx for all the great info

Post subject: Great Tip
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:16 pm 
Well, I've finally turned the yellow to green and receiving d/l speeds of 40 - 80. With a cable modem, should I be receiving higher speeds? I read in earlier posts of 150 and 300K. Hmmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:36 pm 
i FINALLY got a greenlight even with zonealarm on. but my download speeds are still only about 10-15 kb/s. and my uploads are still about 45 kb/s. a greenlight really doesn't matter if i can't get any higher speeds. what else could be the problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:54 am 
Hrm. I followed the instructions for setting up a static IP...but my problem is, my ISP gave me an IP with "192.168.102" as the first three numbers rather than the standard "192.168.1" ...and the LinkSys config page won't let me forward an IP with a different third number. How can I get around this?

Post subject: prob with WAN IP address
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:06 pm 
hihi... i'm having this prob.. my Firmware Version is 1.52.02. but i couldn't find the WAN ip address.Can someone pls help me... thanx alot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:13 pm 
can someone give me a link to update firmware for a befsr41??
would great appreciate it :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next