the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:21 am 
update.. i changed my ports from 7045-7055

yeah i get rejected by the tracker.. but people can connecect to me.. i guess..

realy the last thing am gana do.. I dont care if people cant download from me.. maybe some should make a uber bittorent program that can deal with fireless firewalls....

This past year useing bit torent.. i got to say.... It sucks..

Anonymous wrote:
I GET THE SAME THING!! I can run my whole setup with out a firewall.. but some how.. am still firewalled..

guest wrote:
ok. used the connection checker and got "rejected by tracker - NAT check failed. Check for firewalls or port forwarding".

i have a belkin router on which i made alterations to allow ports 6881 - 6889 to be accessable.

tried connection checker again and got exactly the same message.

went to router again and this time just completely disabled firewall.

tried the connection checker and have got the same message.

where to now? anyone have any ideas? appreciate any help cos otherwise movies r gonna take 3 months to download :(

thanks

sud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:40 am 

Hi, I get the error message "Invalid menu handle", someone tell me wot this means? and how to get it workin? PLZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:43 am 
ERROR - rejected by tracker - NAT check failed (with transpart proxy). Check the port forwarding.

wat does this mean? and how can i fix it? anyone can be so kind as to help?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:52 am 
I set up a Static IP.

I specified a port range under "Prefs" ... used 10000 - 10011.

On my server, I assigned those ports to be forwarded with my static IP

and yet, still a yellow light.

whats the deal?

Post subject: by the way
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:56 am 
(same guy as above)

by the way.... i ran the two checkers again... and i get the

"I can connect to you, perfect score" message...

but still, yellow light.

yellow light and slow connection make Homer... somthing, something.

Post subject: Re: by the way
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:27 pm 
recent Bit Torrent user wrote:
(same guy as above)

but still, yellow light.

Yea same here...Ive been reading for hours and seeing I shitload of people with this situation but NOBODY has givin an answer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:38 am 
I have a question...

How would I know if I am behind a transparent proxy that does not report my correct IP Adress to the trackers?

Post subject: Re: by the way
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:49 am 
CZECH wrote:
recent Bit Torrent user wrote:
(same guy as above)

but still, yellow light.

Yea same here...Ive been reading for hours and seeing I shitload of people with this situation but NOBODY has givin an answer

You're ISP is probably throttling your bittorrent d/l speed by detecting your bittorrent headers and slowing the streams down. There aren't many ways around this besides switching IPS's, unless i'm not aware of a solution.

Another reason could be that you are behind a transparent proxy that reports fake IP addresses to the trackers. (Hopefully not, as that would be very bad.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:26 am 

The reason most posts go unanswered in here is because most have already been answered. There are more than 10 pages worth of posts in this thread. You may find useful information in them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:10 pm 
Well what a mess this is! I've read through all these pages, giving my self a head ache and confused my self non the less.

I would appreciate some help as the low speed turned me off from BT before but i thought i'd give it another go and solve it.

I have 2wire gateway rotuer, i've set the ports forward on 7045-7050

I changed my local IP in the program to 172.16.x.x

I changed the ports in the program to match the ones i'm using to forward.

I'm currently on a 2mb internet connection provided by BT (yes i know they suck dick)

When i'm downloading i do get the odd green light but mainly yellow, yet my speed still sucks literally.

Now when i do this internet connection test, it comes up with that IP error saying it's some bullshit wrong or something, yet i did IPCONFIG in command prompt but also i looked through my connection status.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:07 pm 

172.16.x.x is a private range. You can't use it in your Local IP field. The connection checker should have told you this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:36 pm 
Yeh i went to that what's my ip website and it told me that IP address was my internal, and i found my external and that sorted it all out i'm not downloading at 30kbps with green light but still sucky speed but u cant be greedy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:05 pm 
think yourself lucky m8, im giving up on this and sticking with 14kb/s, ive tried more shit than a man traped on a desert island with 100 pigs and no fire. and i havnt had a peek at a agreen light.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:21 am 

what can i do?

whitch port do i need to open?

Post subject: Ahh - C'mon!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:21 am 
I have been getting the NAT firewall/port forwarding deal...just like most here... Anyway, I have opened up 6881-6889 and 7045-7050 in Windows XP/SP2 Firewall and set BT to this range. I still get a yellow light, 13k uploads (which is my max set) and 0-9k downloads. So apparently people can see me and I can see some of them. Why are my speeds just crap? I am on a 4mb line! Also, since installing tornado, BitTorrent Manager no longer downloads and its uploads are spotty at best. I do have a Router (Netgear WGT624v2 setup on wireless and I get the same results either using it or bypassing it).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next