the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:22 am 
i dunno whats the problem.a few days ago it was working fine and now since yesterday, both my download and upload speeds never go above 1 even though I have 27 peers and 89 seeds! I left my client on for an hour but still the speed doesnt change. i put both rates at 0kb/s and tried d/l different torrents, but the speed still doest change! SOMEONE HELP ME

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:05 am 
help mi~ wrote:
i dunno whats the problem.a few days ago it was working fine and now since yesterday, both my download and upload speeds never go above 1 even though I have 27 peers and 89 seeds! I left my client on for an hour but still the speed doesnt change. i put both rates at 0kb/s and tried d/l different torrents, but the speed still doest change! SOMEONE HELP ME

seems like i have the same problem as u...i use azureus by the way and i have no firewalls at all....(purposely uninstalled, diasbled XP one) to check if anything wrong but no difference at all..

somebody care to help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:16 am 
highe yur upload rate and use settings for your connection... i think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:33 am 
Anonymous wrote:
highe yur upload rate and use settings for your connection... i think

my upload rate is already 20kb/s for a 513/256 connection..

what is 'use settings for your connection'?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:43 am 

Sure sounds like your ISP is throttling your BT traffic. :( You can try using a different port range and see if that helps, but all you can really do is call and complain or switch providers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:44 pm 
Hi, r u guys in SG? Me oso facing the same problem. I am using Singnet Broadband 512kbps. But my download speed less than 5kbps even after 2hr >.<, I was only downloading fantastic children 23.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:39 pm 
ya i oso in SG and oso using the singnet 512 kbs broadband!! so the problem is from the isp?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:50 am 
Guest wrote:
Hi, r u guys in SG? Me oso facing the same problem. I am using Singnet Broadband 512kbps. But my download speed less than 5kbps even after 2hr >.<, I was only downloading fantastic children 23.

haha! me too! guess must be ISp problem! let's all complain! i already sent email to them but they never reply leh...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:20 am 
damm....still havent change......my bloody speed.....i call singtel and the guy there didnt even noe what bittorrent was...they didnt say anyhting abt a cap or anyhting liktat tho...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:39 am 
help mi~ wrote:
damm....still havent change......my bloody speed.....i call singtel and the guy there didnt even noe what bittorrent was...they didnt say anyhting abt a cap or anyhting liktat tho...

wonder whether it's safe to mention bit torrent...even p2p...dare to mention to them...wait they say illegal etc then catch...how ar? die ar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:10 am 
Say you were trying to download the bittorrent distribution for linux or openoffice or mozilla firefox.

There ARE legal bittorrents everywhere, if you look hard enough.

I'm a Singnet 512K user, and I can confirm the capping by the isp. Depending on your luck, you might discover that the capping goes away from 4am to about 4pm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:40 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Say you were trying to download the bittorrent distribution for linux or openoffice or mozilla firefox.

There ARE legal bittorrents everywhere, if you look hard enough.

I'm a Singnet 512K user, and I can confirm the capping by the isp. Depending on your luck, you might discover that the capping goes away from 4am to about 4pm...

oh. haha...legal ones? care to name them?

where u get the news about capping from?

at first i tot my comp and firewall etc was screwed up. then i realised if i l,eave overnight is not so bad...but till 4pm? not too sure abt that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:37 am 
so singtell does cap....that explains alot
damm them but u sure the cap goes off at 4am to 4 pm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:39 am 
help mi~ wrote:

my speed starting to improve now...but i leave overnight next morning speeds like normal like tt...so maybe is true?

are they allowed to cap? i mean whole purpose of braodband is to make full use ma...wah liaoz...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:30 am 
Because someone appeared not to know there are legal bittorrent distributions... :roll:

http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/bittorrent/
http://bittorrent.mozilla.org/
http://www.tlm-project.org/
http://www.legaltorrents.com/index.htm
etc etc.

Quote:

At least, that's what I observed last night. Opened a torrent at 4.30am, surprise! Did two more torrents before shutting down pc at 4pm. But at 7pm, any torrent I tried didn't go through.

If you have winmx, you'd know immediately that the connection is capped... Very obvious through bandwidth monitor graph in that program.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next