the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:06 am 

A couple of days ago i got updated from 256 kbps to 512 kbps , all direct downloads go at 50-55 kbs,all webs load normaly.
But when it comes to BT ( or any other dl program ) it goes misareble as it can get.
The Naruto eps from ANBU AONE dls not bad,but any other go very bad,just like now im trying to get ep 18 from 24 season 3 and it only dls at 2 or 10 sometimes ( i got green light above ) and i should have the port open,i also made a speed test and turned out normal.
Is there any solution for this ?
Thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:45 am 

How fast are you uploading?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:39 am 

when i upload at 3 kbs it even starts or dls at 13 max,if i put upload at 11 kbs ( yes that my max upload rate ) so shitty speeds we have here in spain and damn expensive also,it goes between 0 and 4 kbs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:55 pm 
Set your upload rate to about 80% of your max possible upload speed. If you max out your line there is not enough "room" to respond anymore (also called upstream saturation problem) thus affecting/lowering your download speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:31 pm 
this also happends when i but my upload stream on the minimal possible, max uploads 2 max upload stream 3 kbs and it goes extremely bad,i have no firewall connected and got the WIN XP firewall disactivated also

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:24 am 
Check your ports at http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl .
Also the trick is to set your optimal upload rate, not to low and not to high that you will saturate your connection. But sometimes you can't to anything about the download speeds, it depends on many things like number of seeders/clients, their upload speeds, the tracker etc. If you want to test your connection try a small file (<100MB) with many seeders.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]