the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:02 pm 
Everytime I've downloaded with the original client, the downloads have worked fine.
I started using this client a few weeks ago and errors have been popping up. Is this the torrent file (ie, the source file(s) is corrupted) or a download error.
Can errors make it through Triple-Check?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:03 am 

If the client says "download corrupted; please restart and resume" then your computer has problems reliably storing data which could indicate bad memory or bad drivers. "Triple check" re-reads all data saved to disk to see if the same data that was valid before writing to disk is valid on disk itself when re-reading it back. A failure when triple check is enabled that doesn't occur during the default "double-check" indicates that your hard drive may be failing or you have a bad IDE connection to your drive or bad chipset drivers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:03 am 
That really depends on what errors you get and what's the cause of them.
If you get failed hash checks during downloads, i think that's not unusual and should not need triple check.
If you get corruptions after the download is finished, maybe triple-check could help that, but not really. Corruptions after the download is finished are mostly caused by your own system. You can always check your downloads if you reseed them by re-opening the torrent file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:29 am 
ups, i lost the race :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]