the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:10 am 
Hi, there's this problem that occurs when I do this:

Okay, so I'm trying to download just some files of a large batch torrent. After starting that torrent, under "details" I can right-click on each file/episode and select download it or not.
I do "download never" on the files I don't want to download.
I let the torrent download, everything's fine.
Going to bed, so I cancel the torrent and turn off my computer.
Next day when I boot up my computer, the folder of files of the incompleted download is set to "read only." And so when I try to resume the torrent, I'd get an error (unable to open/write files, etc).

To solve this, I just need to manually set the folder/files to not "read only." But this is really annoying and sometimes even in the middle of the download this error would appear again. And everytime this happens, to resume, it has to do "checking existing files" again, which takes a long time for large batches.

Under advance preferences, I have file locking turned off, I think that helps a bit or it was to solve some other problem I was having.
I was using the stable version before and now trying the newer experimental version 0.3.10 but it didn't fix this problem.

What's causing it to keep reseting to "read only" or locking the files?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:32 pm 
I've been having this same problem.

I've downloaded several files over the past few months with no problems, but recently I've been getting an error message - I/O error: can't open <filename>.

This usually happens at the restart of a download or about twenty minutes into a download.

It has become impossible to download anything any more - please help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:35 pm 

First, disable Windows' indexing agent. (Google around to find out how.) Then reboot. Then, if you ever have it happen again, make sure you don't have any instances of btdownloadgui stuck in your task list. Also, opening or even clicking on files that are being downloaded or uploaded can trigger this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:23 am 
Does Windows 98SE even have an indexing agent?

The only advice Google could give me was to turn off 'FastFind'

Unfortunately there's nothing called 'FastFind' anywhere on my computer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]