the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:07 am 
i was getting 200+kbps speeds all the time but suddenly nowadays i can get the most 2-3kbps speeds..is anyone else getting this problem?can anyone help me please?!!

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:08 am 
freakaz01d wrote:
i was getting 200+kbps speeds all the time but suddenly nowadays i can get the most 2-3kbps speeds..is anyone else getting this problem?can anyone help me please?!!

i forgot to say that the light is green and i always get upload and download speeds of zero now...i've even left it on overnight but still i get the same results..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:27 pm 
Sounds like your ISP is choking the connection. Try changing port #s and cross your fingers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:05 pm 
I am also having the same problem but mine happened right after i change my bittornado version from 0.3.8 to 0.3.12, i am from singapore and using starhub maxonline 2k. Wondering if anyone else have this problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:24 am 
i also faced the same problems, i am also from Singapore and using maxonline 2000... but i did not change my bitornado version... it juz happened... all my torrents no matter what trackers, i get the error msg that Problem connecting to tracker - timeout exceeded... i could dl using bt juz fine a few days before...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:44 am 
[PB]Ranma wrote:
i also faced the same problems, i am also from Singapore and using maxonline 2000... but i did not change my bitornado version... it juz happened... all my torrents no matter what trackers, i get the error msg that Problem connecting to tracker - timeout exceeded... i could dl using bt juz fine a few days before...

Yup. I can confirm this. The change happened just a few days ago. No configuration was changed with my software or hardware. Now I can't even get the Green anymore. It's all Local connections and yellow indicator. SCV has done something to block torrents. Singtel DSL users in my neighbourhood are getting blazing speeds even as I type.

Comments? Advice? Switch ISPs?

Post subject: really ah?
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:48 am 
i tot i was the only one...i'm using maxonline 6500 ..only way to solve this prob is to COMPLAIN!!i will send them an email complaining about this capping of speeds...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:50 am 
I heard StarHub had some connection problems last few days. When I called 1633, there was this message about their overseas connection being disrupted.. The message is gone now though. Dunno whether its fixed or not.. I'm on MaxOnline 2000.

I was also rather mad when my Singnet 1500kbps friend was downloading at 100kB/s that day.. when I was downloading at 5kB/s.. -__-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:26 pm 
krc2k wrote:
I heard StarHub had some connection problems last few days. When I called 1633, there was this message about their overseas connection being disrupted.. The message is gone now though. Dunno whether its fixed or not.. I'm on MaxOnline 2000.

I was also rather mad when my Singnet 1500kbps friend was downloading at 100kB/s that day.. when I was downloading at 5kB/s.. -__-

The problem we're facing in this thread has nothing to do with the connectivity problem Starhub encountered a few days ago. That happened because of a submarine cable got cut and a large majority of SCV users were affected while they rerouted the traffic. This issue has been resolved, at least temporarily. You will notice that your surfing and usual Net usage have been restored to normal. There is a separate issue facing most Sporean broadband users on this board - there has been a mysterious and drastic speed cap on torrents very recently. This is not due to any misconfiguration eg., wrongly forwarded ports etc. Even when the torrents are healthy and showing "Green", many users are getting ridiculous speeds like 1-2 kb/s. This is the case even when the torrents have been running for a decent length of time, say overnight.

I would say this smells of a speed cap or some kind of packet shaping filter.

No solutions available, I think. Too bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:35 am 
I think its better now.. Started a download in the afternoon and no more than 15 seconds it reached 22kB/s.. never got higher though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:21 am 
Lets ask who in sg is unaffected by the recent decrease in speed? Anyone know of any friends who are not affected? which isp they using?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:11 am 
i tot i was alone, same problem here...it happened a few days ago when all my bt d/l slowed down to an amazingly slow speed of 1-2kb/s, couldn't believe my eyes so i tried to fix the problem and almost messed up my computer...btw i'm a maxonline 6500 user

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:33 pm 
i think that the speed is coming back... i could not even dl using bt a few days ago... but now at least i am getting some green lights and up to 20 kbs.... but it is still slow as most of the time my dl speeds is only around 10 kbs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:22 am 
I noticed that last night after 8pm, my speed dwindled to 5-10kB/s. I was connected to 70+ peers. Then, after midnight, I couldn't even connect to the trackers. Now, as of 6.16pm, my speed is 5kB/s max.

Also, my connection seems to 'break' after 1 day, and I have to turn off and on the modem and router for my connection to return. This never happened before <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:50 pm 
you know what, i got the same fucken problem. after 3.12 i begin getting shitty dl speed, connected to atleast 100peers and receiving 5-10kbps, somethings going on and...............its caused a problem between different BT clients also. no problem with firewall and nat, green light..left bt on for about 3 hours, and got 5-10kbps sometimes 20kbps.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next