the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:30 pm 
I am stuck at 99.9% done on a file that is 788mb, it has been failing the hash check over and over and over again, this piece is about 807 kb.

is there anyway to turn off the hash checking so i can just get my file? i tried clicking on finish allocation in the advanced tab but nothing happened. there are about 5 seeds and 51 peers out there for this file, so what can i do???? can i turn hash checking off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:37 pm 

You don't want to turn hash checking off.

You want to check to make sure your RAM/network card drivers/Router/cable or dsl modem are set correctly

RAM needs testing
Network Card Drivers need updating
Routers and Cable/DSL modems need gaming mode turned off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:04 pm 
If something keeps failing the hash check that usually means that the other people im downloading from have bad data, so why would my drivers/ram need to be tested?

i will do as you suggested, but is there a way to turn hash checking off anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:33 pm 

Your drivers and ram need to be tested because the data you're downloading have to go through them before they reach your hard drive.

You are going to GUARANTEE that you get a corrupt download if you turn off the error checking. You don't want that.

There is no way to turn off hash checking without modifying the source. I won't go into it, because turning off hash checking is just ignoring a symptom of a potentially larger problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:10 pm 

Assuming you're using a cable/DSL router, try connecting your computer directly to your uplink and resuming the download.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:10 pm 

This has happened to me on more than one occasion. I found that if I shut down BT and restart it, I get the piece in question almost immediately without any errors. That's as opposed to BT having tried to download that piece over a hundred times previously and always getting an error. You don't say which version of BT you're using - you may want to upgrade if it's an older version.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]