the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:10 am 
Anonymous wrote:
we aren't complaining about the software, but the lack of updates from the author. Even if doesn't give us a date when it might be released but at least what he has so far done, and working on. (fixed, made changes to or changed..ect) I'm happy to see he at least replies to people having problems with the client or other such problems. For some reason, whenever we talk about updates, this subject is taboo on this forum, why is that? isn't this a community? The point of the forum is to discuss these problems and other such things. I'd love this client, its simple and practical usage makes very user friendly! After reading your replies guys, I'm happy to see others still use this client. I'm not too happy with Azureus (java client) still has problems that sucks your memory! Others like ABC or bitcomet are good, but they just don't appeal to me. It's all about simple and practical for me.

the homepage says, "still no new GUI, been working on the engine"... That is all I seen for many many months now.

cheers

This mirrors my feelings EXAXTLY, 100%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:33 am 
DWKnight wrote:
Italicus wrote:
How many freaking times must I say before you lamers get it into your head?

Bittornado is dead!

Quit asking stupid questions like when the next update is comming, there won't be any new versions. Go get Azureus if you want to get the latest in Bittorrent

I'm not seeing any proof that Bittornado is dead. And you have no authority to say that there won't be any more versions of BitTornado. Only TheSHAD0W has that authority and he hasn't said that he's abandoning the project, so SHUT IT!
Azureus isn't the best place to go for updates either. Java requirement causes massive resource use.

Flaming won't get you any respect.

Oh pulizzzz.... You are indeed naive beyond belief. Most freeware proggies simply fade out, it is considered rare if the author even bothers to inform us his client is dead. Just take a look at all the BT variants at sourceforge. Most of them are dead, yet only PTC and BT++ bothered to inform their users.

You need to learn more before spewing crap. SHUT IT! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:33 am 

Says the person hiding behind an unregistered name.

You can claim all you want that a project is dead. Unless the project is yours or you can reference the post BY THE PROJECT TEAM that says it's dead, your words have ABSOLUTELY NO AUTHORITY OVER REALITY.

You're little more than a troll.
At least I've been in #bittorrent on freenode and seen TheSHAD0W talking about his working on updates for this project so I know this project isn't abandoned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:50 pm 
I like bittornado. I like the fact that it actually uses the old BT code so it's 100% compatible. I'd like to see a new verson, same old standard BT python protocol code, but nice new UI. I don't care that it hasn't been updated for a while, it's a solid program as it is, I'm not missing any features (other than an IP blocklist), and the author has already said that the next version will be a rewrite of the UI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:10 pm 

He is also completely rewriting it from the ground up. He wont be using Bittorrents source code.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:06 pm 
His general lack of presence on the forum and unwillingness to give any hint of progress makes me believe that he has given up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:42 am 

Anonymous wrote:
His general lack of presence on the forum and unwillingness to give any hint of progress makes me believe that he has given up.

Spend more time in #bittorrent on irc.freenode.net then.
He comes there and does actually give indications of updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:38 pm 
If that is so, then I stand corrected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:45 pm 
You know, the IRC channel information isn't even posted on the main website. If you hadn't told me the IRC channel information, how would I have found it?

Still, now that I know it, I'm not going to IDLE like a FOOL for the guy to give "indications" of updates. That's bullshit.

He owes it to his users to post on the website or this forum information regarding updates. Those are the places users will come for updates. Why the hell should we have to search this forum to get the IRC address and then wait on the channel for the guy to give "indications" of updates? Total bullshit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:29 pm 

Lol... what a selfish ass you are.
Hey you dont pay for his intellectual property why should you complain?

You arent a user per say... you are simply someone who uses his program to get what you want over the net. I'll think of you as a leecher rather than a user.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:06 pm 
Oh, and you're a saint, right?

I'm not selfish. I'm not asking him to release a new version right now. I'd just like updates. If he said, "Program's dead" then I'd be happy to seriously look elsewhere and I wouldn't post in this thread anymore. As it is, he put together this community and left it to die. I mean, the guy will frequent an IRC channel that he may or may not have set up, but he won't go to a forum he surely set up and update those users?

You said that I am "someone who uses this program..." doesn't that make me a user? BitTorrent is a program for leeching and seeding, and I do both--and I can do them with and without BitTornado. So how does that demote me from a user to a mere leecher? Is it because I'm complaining about a lack of updates. Yep, "WAveOfFire," that makes a lot of sense.

People use this and other clients to "get what [they] want over the net." How am I different? I'm not.

Wouldn't you like a solid update message from TheShadow? I think you'd be lying if you said you didn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:44 am 

I stop by his IRC channel once in awhile to see updates and such.
If you'd like updates you can stop there.

I believe the reason is that he doesnt want to post updates is that without anything like a finished code for his new client the other updates would kind've suck.

People live their daily lives past this fake world on the net. And i hope that you get out often. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:21 pm 
If you read my post, you would have noticed that all I would've liked was a written update, NOT a version update. Say, an update saying, "I'll be done with the new version the 12th of Never" would be fine.

And I know that people have lives outside of the computer.

In fact, when you're ready yourself to turn off the computer, I'll personally teach you all about the sun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:22 pm 
:wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:23 pm 
I kid, I kid!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next