the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:19 pm 
I've heard some BT clients allow you to pick which files in a torrent you want to download (say, for example, someone bundles a band's entire discrography and you have 5 of 10 albums or whatever).

Is this possible with BitTornado, and if so how?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:40 pm 

If you have 5 of 10 albums (in your example) as files compatible with the torrent, you can use them to resume.

Selective downloading was never part of the original design, and is NOT recommended, as it causes MAJOR disruptions in piece distribution and bandwidth demand.

It is handled in the details (where the list of files is)
Right-click.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:50 am 
Sorry, I guess I mis-stated my question a bit ...

I'm not talking about cases where you have part of the actual torrent. I'm talking about cases where, say someone bundles together a massive discography (say 5 GB worth) and you own have the albums (on CD) before beginning the download.

I've heard that with some clients, you can pick the pieces of the torrent you want and select to download/upload those only (so as to avoid duplication/fill your hard drive/destroy your share ratio on sites that keep track of such things/etc).

Based on the previous reponse, I'm guessing this is not possible with Bit Tornado. Please tell me if I'm wrong ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:58 am 
yeah thats what DWKnight said. goto 'Details' (in blue writing next to the status light). then right click on the files that you dont want and choose 'downlaod never'

Post subject: deleted!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:55 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
yeah thats what DWKnight said. goto 'Details' (in blue writing next to the status light). then right click on the files that you dont want and choose 'downlaod never'

Aw man! this hurts. Now the latest release handles it diffrently.

instead of just suspending any components , it actually deleted them!
I had like 3.5 of a 4 gig dl done, i only needed a 4 of the movies. the
rest were on hold. i resumed with the new update! and poof! 3.5 gig deleted!
uh. i think it should be returned to the previous way. to simply recognize the files
and then ignore them, or not create them if they don't exist already. but to delete my completed segments! EEK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:16 am 
Hello,

I'm using console version on linux. How to chose "download never" there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:27 pm 
run the program with no parameters on the command line and you get a long list of options, including the following:

--priority <arg>
a list of file priorities separated by commas, must be one per file, 0 = highest, 1 =
normal, 2 = lowest, -1 = download disabled (defaults to '')

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:18 am 
What is the synthaxe for the <arg> ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:25 pm 
--priority 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,1,1

Seems to partly work although files with -1 are currently downloading on mine here.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]