the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:15 pm 
I always assumed that it had to do with the number of files windows was keeping open to download your torrent. If it's a 700mb movie that is 50 files it uses more memory keeping those 50 files open than if you download a 1.3gb film that is one file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:13 am 
i think the thing about bittornado is that i might be wrong about this completely i read it in another post that python is a complete memory hog i don't understand why they just don't go another direction c++ visual basic either way i love bittornado to death i don't care how much memory it uses

and also i have used alot of other clients and they always have the same problem to me the speeds go up to 20+ then drops back down to 0 then back up again(talking about the less memory usage clients) but as for bittornado it always goes up and when it goes down it doesn't drop that much maybe drops like 5kbps then it goes up again =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:39 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Having the same issues myself.

I have 2g of memory and don't understand why I am always getting a bluescreen/mem dump. :(

hardware problems, reduce the amount to 1gb
don't use memory that are incompatible
like 1gb of stick with 2 stick of 512mb
either 2 stick of 1gb
or 2 stick of 512mb
try that, i know because most motherboard do not like different size of memory in pairs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:43 am 
bur372 wrote:
http://www.utorrent.com/ is very good it does have to be said. Currently I've got 2 torrents stopped and 1 torrent downloading and its using around 2,500 kb. As far as i can see its got all the functions of bit tornado.

That's the only good thing about uT
It crashes too often, only use this if you have a very slow computer 500mhz or less.
anything faster, avoid uT like the plague.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:13 pm 
There are two reasons I like uTorrent:
1)Low memory use with a lot of options.
2)It doesn't install! So I can put it on a Library computer or school computers without them noticeing it. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:17 pm 
You can do that with bc as well, installing is just for convenient!
uT = for lamers lol. low memory usage? that's the only good thing about it at the expense of excessive hd activity!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:29 pm 
"bc" I'm assumeing is bitcomet. I thought that was a piece of garbage when I tried it. uTorrent doesn't creat a folder, shortcuts or anything. I can just drop it in a folder with the torrent file and the data and it's ready to go. Set it to start with the system and set XP's taskbar to always hide the icon and nobody notices. Personally, I use BitTornado, ABC, & sometimes Azureus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:39 am 
BC have been around a lot longer then uT so how is uT any better? it is'nt. it brags about less resources. the real culprit is windows hogging all the resources to itself. this is nothing more then a sale's pitch to get people to switch over to it. why would you trade in a comfortable large car for a smaller one that is weaker and use only a little less gas?
:arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:56 pm 
IamaTard2 wrote:
BC have been around a lot longer then uT so how is uT any better?
I will not comment about uT, or whatever that is, but about BitComet I made a post:

Confirmed: BitComet cheats...and not in a good way!
http://forums.degreez.net/viewtopic.php ... 2c2ae812e7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:35 am 
Switeck wrote:
IamaTard2 wrote:
BC have been around a lot longer then uT so how is uT any better?
I will not comment about uT, or whatever that is, but about BitComet I made a post:

Confirmed: BitComet cheats...and not in a good way!
http://forums.degreez.net/viewtopic.php ... 2c2ae812e7

Well I don't use BT all that much, only on rare occasion. If you can get everyone to switch over to BT from BC, then you would accomplish much. I dunno what ya trying to do or say. Leechers leech because it is convenient. They don't wanna spend all the time in the world to seed which I can understand not everyone have symmetrical connection. Blame it capitalism, blame it on money the only thing that stopping everyone from having faster upload speed. This leeching issues has nothig to do with client! strike at the root of the problems.
Ignorance is bliss in masses, just keep it up haha very funny. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2