the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:05 am 

This time i manage to get ISP that doesn't block inbound :lol:, and i got no problem with outbound connection.....
but i got this problem:

My computer say Comp-A (IP: 192.aaa.aaa.aaa) is conected thru a gateway say Comp-B (IP: 192.bbb.bbb.bbb)
they're both static IP

The IP assigned by the ISP to our network 202.xxx.xxx.xxx
(single IP, we're using DSL)

The Comp-B owner refuse to have bittorrent installed on his computer, he is using McAfee Personal FireWall, and yes, i have already check the firewall log, there're many attempt to connect (inbound attempt) when i start bittorrent, so i open the service port, :arrow: now, such attempt no longer considered as 'intrusion'

but, i still got those yellow light, which indicate that i doesn't recieve any inbound, i am using win98, with no firewall et all....
to finish downloading i've to relly on someone who willing (and able) to accept inbound connection, which is bad for me :(

what now left for me is tinkering with [Advanced Setting], what come to mind is [Local IP] and [IP Bind] which is blank by default..., what should i fill in there ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:23 pm 
I guess the gateway uses ICS, so you have to include the bittornado ports in the ICS configuration, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:32 pm 
Hi I have same problem... yet unsolved...

I have local (LAN) IP: 10.2.0.92 and after negotiation with my admin I can connect my computer from other computer by IP: 62.233.xxx.xxx:12092 (because of firewall)

I set port randge form 12092 to 12092 and still ALLWAYS yellow!

please, could you tell me how to fix it? Maybe i should set some advanced IP config in BT.

What should I set to
1) Lacal IP
2) IP to bind to

????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:59 am 
You're behind a router and by the sounds of it a proxy too.

That's a problem -- the router will forward incoming ip packets if they're on the right ip port that you set it to forward. But the proxy almost certainly won't, meaning ANYONE who tries to connect to you will ALWAYS fail no matter what you do.

In short, you're firewalled because you're behind too many layers of network connections.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]