the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:28 pm 
Alright so I'm sitting here downloading harry potter at 80kb/s which is damn good for me because I share my internet with 2 other computers and they hog bandwidth and I"m htinking to myself "if more people had green lights I could watch harry potter faster!" so here's what helped me....

First find your default gateway:
start>all programs>accessories>command prompt
type: ipconfig /all
look at your default gateway.

Type that number into your browser where websites usually go. (number for most people is 192.168.0.1 or close to it)

If your internet provider's information comes up you don't have a router, give up. Otherwise, using www.portforward.com forward ports through your router. Then find a way to forward them through your firewall as well (I went to "Advanced" tab, clicked on the firewall button and wrote down things like "Allow", "Both", and "192.168.0.101" <-That's my personal IP for my router and forwarded it through ports 10000-10004)

Oh yeah, I used ports 10000-10004, it works fine. Make sure you set your port range to 10000-10004 in Prefs on your bittornado interface, as well as clicking "full", "automatic" and "disabled" in the rest of the drop menus and buttons.

Turn off your firewall on windows:
Start>Control Panel>Windows firewall
Click disable

If you have any questions e-mail them to bogg_box@hotmail.com (I realize it's a retarded e-mail but that's what I use) and I'll try to help.

(God I can't wait to watch harry blow things up.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]