the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:18 pm 
aDk wrote:
So if ISP blocks torrent, there's really nothing we can do right?
Correct, there's little you can do besides complaining and possibly switching ISPs.

Btw, with BitTorrent traffic making up as much as 60-80% of all internet traffic nowdays by bandwidth, having your ISP block/throttle that to really low speeds means they're not giving the bandwidth they are offering in their advertisements and official statements EVER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:23 pm 
i hav used Bittornado for like, a long time. i hav always had a "yellow" lite and always got about 10kbs DL and about 20kbs UL. i hav always kept my torrents on long enough so that i share twice as much as i download. i ushally hav about 4-6 torrents going on at the same time plus eMule. just recently (3 days ago) i finnally decided to forward my ports for my bittornado. and now im getting 1-6kbs Dl and 0kbs UL. this is really hurtin my rep. when i first forwarded i got 30kbs DL and 15 UL on 1 torrent(that stopped in 1 hour), the rest hav been 1-6Dl and 0-1UL. i dont think its my isp, my isp is small time and there site says nuthin about torrent blocking or is mentioned in any article i read. so can any1 explain this?

Post subject: isps
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:46 pm 
I was in a similar position a few months ago- tiscali were limiting my p2p traffic speeds heavily, and ppl told me that there was nothin i could do except leave......bollocks to that! i argued with them and threatend all kinds of crap and after one whole month of constant complaints and emails and threats tiscali gave in and i can download again.... moral of the story is dont give up, argue like a bitch

Post subject: Re: isps
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:37 pm 
prakashp wrote:
moral of the story is dont give up, argue like a bitch

Alot of ISPs use the "no servers" clause to ban file-sharing such as BitTorrent.
A quick reply to that is to ask if that means you cannot host a multiplayer game with your friends, because that *IS DEFINITELY* a server.
(If they say you're not allowed to do that either, you may want to change ISPs anyway.)

Also, you can really get anal with them about how their 'broadband' is consumer fraud...because minimum broadband speeds is defined to be 128kilobits/sec (about 12 KB/sec download/upload speeds) and you're not seeing even that with various legal uses of the internet.

If they claim what you're doing is illegal, then ask why the BBC in UK is also doing "bittorrent" with their shows.

If they claim they're doing it to prevent you doing something illegal, then tell them they are legally libel too if you accidently get in trouble while they are spying on you.

One of the real things to test is if you can take your computer to a friend's house (preferably on a different ISP) and hook it up to the internet there and see if speeds still suck...that rules out problems on your end, which lying ISPs like to say: "It's your fault, not ours that you cannot get max speed from our connection...we do not block file sharing."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:47 am 
canuck ISP are cheap fuckers and so are canucks, they are in the same boat. who cares?????????????????????????????????? they are assholes... anyway.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2