the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Multiple computers?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:43 pm 
I really don't know how to do this. I have 2 computers on a home network and according to some FAQs the ports for BT are 6881-6889 but I can only assign them open to 1 computer. How can I open the same ports on both computers? I use Microsoft MN-500. Unless there's an alternative to fixing firewalls that's out there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:07 pm 
You can't, you shouldn't, and you don't -- that's how!

Really, neither computer should be running BitTornado in the 6881-6889 ip port ranges. Set 1 computer to 1 range, and the other to another range. Forward appropriately on your router and that should be correct so far. There's also possible firewalls on the computers (Win XP SP2 comes to mind) and possibly in your DSL/Cable modem as well that needs configuring/disabling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:19 am 
Im having a similar problem to this coz there's 3 laptops that all want to run bit tornado. I have different ports open for each IP on the netowrk but for some reason i cant set the IP manually so it has to stay at automatic instead, even when i disable DHCP... So far though, they've been logging on with the same IP each time which is working out sweet.
But, im just waiting til one of them changes IP next time i log on and then the proper ports wont be open on the laptop that gets a different IP.
If ya get me...?
What i had to do was keep a note of the particular ports that are open on each IP so that i can manually change the ports on bit tornado if needs be... it aint ideal though

I think the easiest solution would be to open the same ports on an IP range instead of just one IP and the old 192.168.1.* thing doesnt work... anyone know if all those other settings in the NAT config can be configured this way? Or how do ya do it?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]