the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Increase speed?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:10 am 
Ok, fo now, I'm still using ports 6881 to 6899 for my peferences. but i only open ports 6881 and 6882. My internet connection is 1.0/512. But my downloads are not more than 20kBs all the time. Is there anyway to incease it? Even when there's hundred over seeds and peers, it's still the same. should i open ports 10000-ish and change my prefs at the same time? it's like there's 37 peers, 16 seeds, total speed 476 kBs, i'm only getting at most 5 kBs.. thanks. I use an Aztech DSL305EU. Which HOST IP ADDRESS do i use when i check LAN status? The first table or the second table? thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:27 am 
sory, couldn't edit at the moment. Just to be on the safe side, i followed this guide for pot forwading with UPnP enabled type 1. On my port forwarding page, i put 6881 as my private and public port and TCP and the host ip address which i obtain from the 2nd table in my LAn status page. But in the Port forward website, they specify using a static ip address instead. what's the diff? the method they used were different from mine. But i still get a green light. My friend has the same ISP and it seems she d/l s at a much greater speed than mine. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:00 am 
If your computer's LAN ip isn't static, then the port-forwarding you did in your router could end up pointing to the wrong address...then ALL the mail gets lost!

That'll happen when your computer changes LAN ip. You'll actually still be able to connect, but you'll be firewalled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:37 am 
hmmm...is that so? Well, i decided to change my port range to 10000-ish and it works like charm.. now getting speeds of 50 at most.. well, it's way better than my previous speeds and at the same time, i disabled UPnP. Didn't know which one worked thoough, the disabling of UPnP or the port range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:31 am 
If you now get the green light in BitTornado, the port-forwarding is what did the trick. Disabling UPnP would only increase the speeds a tiny bit at best...although for some routers it can mean the difference between working or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:56 am 
Really? Okie then, thanks!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]