the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: yellow & "no" lights...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:16 pm 
Right now I'm downloading with a yellow light and I've got a DL speed of 125-160 kbps!!! Thats 5 seeds and 4 peers!!

I wish my downloads would all be this fast...I've tried to do the port forward thing on my router, but just couldn't work out how I was supposed to do the forwarding bit.

I opened up some more ports for bittornado by going to (I use XP sp2) the Firewall settings in control panel and adding ports on the exceptions page. I have no idea if this is dangerous or not but I have opened up ports in the range of 10000-10010 (tcp) and I think this helped...
I am also behind a wireless router (D-link DI-624+), and went through the procedure of setting up ports for Bittornado, just couldnn't work out how to "forward" ports...Can anyone help with this if its really neccessary?

Also, recently, I seem to only be able to download a torrent at a time for some reason...?? Anyone know why? :?:

When I open up a second torrent download, I get a "no colour" light with no connection..This never used to happen before and I don't know what has happened, but if it means I'm getting faster downloads then I'm happy with that!..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:08 pm 
bigfan wrote:
hello,

i am behind router and under winXP, i am sure i have NO software firewall enabled (including the XP built-in one).

i have also done my port forwarding in the router configs (only allows me to have 40 ports opened at one time so i config my BTclient to use only 6881-6910).

everything was fine (always green light) when i was under win98se and untill recently i had a new comp and started to use xp.

the problem is... sometimes i get yellow light from DLing some torrents and other times i get green while DLing from other torrents. as this never happened when i used 98se.

please help.... and my router is "Planet - XRT-401" and forget about DMZ because it didnt make any difference to me.

thx in advance

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:41 am 
Hi, had a similar problem with yellow light all the time even though i used port forwarding on my Actiontec router. I expanded the portforwarding from 6881 to 6899 to 6881 to 50000 as i noticed that some Peers were using these ports to send data to ( using a utility in the mcafee firewall plus) . I have green lights most of the time now and reasonably fast downloads. From 5KB/S to ~30KB/S+.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:32 am 

There was a delay in problem 610 because it had a special corrector program, so it should be modified.

Thanks to Howard Cheng for changing it. Now all 8 problems are changed, theyll start rejudging tonight.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5