the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:23 pm 
I've used BitTorrent and BitTornado so far for a few years. I'm on a router and behind a computer firewall too, but they are properly set for BT use, both my UPnP settings are DISABLED on my BT and router too.
Although everytime I use BT, it works for about 30 to 60 minutes and then the download and upload speeds drop to 0kb. My computer's entire internet connection is turned off and the only way for me to get it back u again is to reboot my computer. When my internet is disconnected, the other computers in the house are still fine.
I've been searching for a solution to this for a very long time, please be of assistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:22 pm 
/bump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:07 am 
zone alarm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:26 pm 
Your router maybe defective by now. Change to a different router if possible. Technical issue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:59 pm 
my router is new, I got it a month or two ago =\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:00 am 
If it is just your computer losing internet, you may need to set Prefs -> Advanced -> Max Peer Connections down some. I have to set mine to 60. This was supposedly a problem with Windows 98 that went away when you were on Windows XP, but I have had to set it to 60 for both of them.

If it is your router losing internet (at least for Linksys routers) you need to set your upload limit to something a little below the max you can actually handle. Settings that have worked for me are limiting total upload (added together from any and all programs that are simultaneously uploading) to 12 kB/s when I could do 16 max or limiting it to 36 kB/s when I had max of 40. This reduces having to restart the router to every couple weeks rather than every couple hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:58 pm 
I know it's my computer losing the connection, since the other internet connections in the household are still fine. I have set my max connections to below 60, at first that worked for a week or so but then I began losing my internet connection once again after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:56 am 
Are you trying to run more than one torrent at the same time?
If so, try only one torrent at a time.

Are you running any other file sharing programs (i.e., Azureaus, eMule, eDonkey, Kazaa, BearShare, etc.) at the same time?
If so, turn them off.

If it is a max connections problem, all of the connections from all of the above are cumulative.

Also, you should throttle your upload to the above mentioned 80%-90% of max even if it is not a router issue to avoid flooding your upstream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:31 am 

I have the same problem as well. My internet would timeout and I'm not able to load any webpages nor I am able to access my router. I have to unplug my router and allow my computer redetect it before I can access my router and relogin to my ISP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:07 pm 

i agree with ppl above.the solution is @ setting the number of max connected peers to a specific number.
From my experienced ive noticed the amount of 25-30 peers.If i put more i loose connection.
You can dl from 10peers @ 200kb/sec internet
and dl from 30peers @ 50Kb/sec no internet

Its not the speed but the amount of peers connected to u.

Test is MANNYYYYYYYY TIMESSSSS :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:17 pm 

I discovered that the amount of peers you can connect to depends on your router and how well it can manage large amounts of incoming and outgoing connections. Average home network routers will not work especially if there is more than one computer in your household using BT.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]