the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:25 pm 
It always happens after I set some files in a batch torrent to "Download Never"

It runs fine the first time, but after I close down the torrent and restart it to resume it, after it's been running for a bit, I get the permission denied error on some of the files in the torrent (IO Err 13)

Running Btornado 0.3.10, but it has been happening in earlier versions aswell.

Any idea's?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:02 am 
Yeah that happens for me too.

I think this is how it works:

You start up the torrent and it creates all the files.
You select download never on some of them.
You close it and it deletes the files that you never want.
You start up the torrent again.
It tries to access a "download never" file that's not there, causing an I/O error.

Maybe there's a piece that's split between the file you want and one you don't want. This could also make the file 99% complete even if it was "done" before.

This should be fixed, but this is a workaround i use: Before exiting, always set the files to a priority other than "download never". That way, when the torrent starts up again all the files will be there. Another way is to never close the torrent until it's finished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:11 am 
oh yeah and since i keep opening and closing bittornado because of the error new bittornado processes stick in task manager, and it often does file checking again.

So detecting whether that torrent is already in memory fails if bittornado is opened and closed too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:20 am 
Yep get the same prob here...

The way I get around it is :
Before closing the Cient , go to Details and set any files that are set as "Never Download" set them to "Download Later" then close the Client.

When I start the Client up again I go wait for it to connect then go Details and set the Download Later files back to Never Download.

Yep it's a pain and no it doesn't get around the Checking over again when loading the torrent , but it does stop the permission denied error and only downloads the files you require of the archive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:18 am 
I was wondering if this error was being picked up by anyone else.

If you resize the download window, you'll see another error.

ERROR <time> -
IO Error: unable to open <file location\file.ext>: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Documents and...

I don't know exactly what the problem is, but I don't think there should be a double backslash... it would be nice if this error could be fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:31 pm 

This "feature" appears to have issues due to the way filespace is allocated, as several other threads reporting problems with it show. I think that is possibly causing at least some of these errors.

0.3.17 has the same problem. Apparently a possible patch has been posted in this thread:
Forum=Major Problems, Thread=IO Error using pre-allocate and priority list
but I have no idea how to add that patch to the program. :(

(too bad I can't just link to the thread so you don't have to dig thru the forum for it, but links are apparently not allowed in posts)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:02 pm 

Amberwolf wrote:
This "feature" appears to have issues due to the way filespace is allocated, as several other threads reporting problems with it show. I think that is possibly causing at least some of these errors.

0.3.17 has the same problem. Apparently a possible patch has been posted in this thread:
Forum=Major Problems, Thread=IO Error using pre-allocate and priority list
but I have no idea how to add that patch to the program. :(

(too bad I can't just link to the thread so you don't have to dig thru the forum for it, but links are apparently not allowed in posts)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]