the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:28 am 

Hello,

Can anyone give me any assistance with a problem i have incountered.

I only have basic grasp of computing.

Heres outline of my problem:

I have had installed RealPLayer for last 6 months (i don't particulary like), but use its Clip/Browser download function in the main.

Basically i use it to download music from myspace music pages. From their built in Adobe Flash PLayer which most bands have integrated into their myspace pages.

This was going all fine, until last night, when i went to delete some of my 'real player downloads'. i then went to re-download some of the same tracks that i had deleted, and i wasn't able.

Even though i uninstalled real player twice since and removed (i think) all my user realplayer files.

every time i go to download a track now, i seem to get a META file also in the download. My hunch is that this META file is blocking my ablilty to download the music file or blocking its use at least. I pretty certain that this META file was not sent with downloads previously over last 6 months.

It is like i am now being blocked by either RealPLayer or Adobe of using the clip download function. (via the META file?)

Anyone now how to rectify this?
Am i right the META file is the crux of the problem?

Plz help.

ps: As i said i don't particulary like RealPlayer, so maybe a solution would be some other form of clip/browser downloader. Anybody got info on what would be a good 'free' clip downloader that i should go for? One that downloads in a form that windows media player can read the downloaded files.

I would prefer an open-source type software, as i getting kinda sick of the commercial software and internet monitoring!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:35 am 

Google "Real Alternative".

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]