the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Uninstalling BitTornado
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:03 am 
I don't know how, but somhow BitTornado ended up on my work system. How do I uninstall it?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:05 am 
Forgot to mention this is on windows xp.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:18 pm 

Did you check the obvious places like add/remove programs and the start menu?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:49 pm 
DWKnight wrote:
Did you check the obvious places like add/remove programs and the start menu?

Thanks for your response. Sorry about the terse original post. I did all the following listed below and there isn't a trace of it, but our internal tool used to track these things still reports it installed. I'm beginning to think the internal tool may be bugged. I even went so far as to install BitTornado and then uninstall it using the conventional method (Add/Remove Programs), which succeeded in uninstalling the new install, but the tool still reports it there. Here is what I did (I'm assuming BitTornado and BitTorrent are similiar) from http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/#now_what

Go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. There should exist an entry for BitTorrent. If it's not there, suspect an incorrect install. You can always reinstall the latest version and then uninstall it.

If you know what you are doing, you can manually remove BitTorrent by deleting the directory C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\ (substituting the actual location of your Program Files dir) and removing the following registry keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.torrent
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-bittorrent
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bittorrent
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BitTorrent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:13 pm 

There may be additional files you can remove in "Documents and Settings/{user}/Application Data/.BitTornado".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:09 pm 
Ok I found BitTornado imbedded in an application called Replay AV 8, a streaming video capture program. I never expicitely installed BitTornado so Add/Remove Programs and the windows registry didn't seem to know about it. Once I uninstalled Replay AV 8 the internal tool was satisfied. Thanks for your help.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]