the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:27 am 

ok i'm trying to forward ports but i keep getting yellow light.

which ip am i supposed to forward the ports to? i see under dhcp setup and lan tcp/ip the following ip 192.168.0.1, but when i go to www.whatismyip.com i get something different.

i dont know if im behind a firewall. all i seen so far is my router, and the admin config page

thanks for any help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:52 pm 

I'm guessing your computer is set up to gain I.P. automatically. Try Port-Triggering... but in the meantime...

Go to your computer's network properties, and look up the TCP/IP properties of your adapter (Ethernet or LAN Adapter, usually). You should see either it's address, or if it's set up to obtain I.P.s automatically.

If you're set up for automatic, then try port-triggering as before, or give yourself a permanent I.P. (read your router's user-guide on how to do that). Afterwards, forward ports 6881-6889/6999 to the address you specified.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:45 pm 

yes, it is set to obtain ip automatically.

how do i enable port-triggering?

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:52 pm 

Setup port forwarding on your router and have it link back to your static ip address, this is a bad option, considering you are the only one on your network that can then use bittorrent properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:07 pm 

i dont know what my static ip is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:14 pm 

You would have to disable dhcp on the router, make sure to make available a range of ips, normally they are 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.99 or something.
At the command prompt, if 2k or XP start/run/ and type cmd.com if Windows 98 or less start/run/command.com

Type ipconfig /all and you will see your current ip address.
Change your network preferences in the control panel to manual and update it with the proper ip address (static) you will use as well as your subnet, gateway etc.

If you do not know how to do this, query google.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:34 pm 

This post shows a HOWTO on Port Triggering, however, as I only have an old Linksys Router, I'm not too sure on how well this can help you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]