the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:21 am 
u switched from azereus to bit tornado and when i went to resume the file, instead of it being at 40%, it was at like 10%

is this suppose to happen?
anyway to fix this?

and bit tornado is shadows experiment client right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:36 am 

Okay I knew I saw this but wasn't for sure, my Far Cry torrent was at 50% and when I installed Bit Tornado (which I have un-installed now to get my pause button back) it was at like 30% and just now I'm back at 57% which should really be 77% by now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:04 am 

BitTornado (or Shadow's Experimental or the original client) only resumes from verified chunks. If any chunk doesn't verify on resume when it re-reads the file, it discards it entirely and redownloads the chunk. Azureus saves info about the partially downloaded chunks so it can resume those somewhat reliably. The reason your download went back some percentages when being resumed in BitTornado or any bittorrent client that doesn't have or save the partial chunk download info is because there is no way to verify a partially completed chunk and the only way to be sure of it is to redownload it. You would have the same problem of downloads regressing a bit on resume if azureus lost its partial chunk download information such as by a power outage or if you delete the file Azureus uses to keep track of that info. Large percentage regressions are due to having *a lot* of partially downloaded chunks that weren't fully downloaded, which means all those partials therefore cannot be verified (to the granularity of verification the torrent file itself allows for).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]