the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:39 pm 
But is there a way to configure ZA5 so that it works??? Or do we all have to back to using ZA4??[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:40 pm 
But is there a way to configure ZA5 so that it works??? Or do we all have to back to using ZA4??[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:42 am 
You don't have to go back to ZA4, there's plenty of other firewalls around :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:27 am 
If you decide to go back to ZA4, make sure you COMPLETELY uninstall ZA5, as I had the problem, then migrated back to ZA4 only to find the prolbem came with it (guess a certain file wasn't deleted from ZA5's instillation or something).

Post subject: SAME AS YOU
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:06 pm 
Just uninstall ZA pro ( after shutting it down first ) and all my problems
went away. Guess I need to find a replacement firewall program....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:30 am 
Updated my linksys router to the latest firmware -- the problem persisted.

Shut down ZA, uninstalled it, rebooted -- the problem persisted. Since others have reported the problem on computers that never had ZA installed, I think we can be fairly certain the problem lies elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:25 am 
i downgraded to an old client now all is fine. The last shadow client seems to be working fine. Maybe za5 doesn't like the new way bit tornado goes about it's business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:41 pm 
Although unistalling ZA5 didn't fix my problem, after installing 4.5, BT worked normally again. Maybe it was just a matter of restarting the computer a number of times, or maybe 4.5 changes some computer setting that 5 had changed.

Incidentally, don't update your linksys router to the latest firmware (1.45.11) because it's bugged-- the router won't renew its dhcp. Had to go back to an older firmware version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:48 am 
Scratch that. Although after installing ZA 4.5 I ran BT overnight with no problems, the next night it had been running about 3 hours when everything locked up just like before. So although it's an improvement (I was never able to download more than an hour when ZA5 was installed), the problem is still there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:44 am 
Zone alarm updated itself today to version 5.0.590.043

Ive been having problems with BT locking out the computer and stopping downloading randomly.
(looked like Zone alarm not "letting go" of BT!)

had to use the reset button to restart the computer.

Been runnig BT quite heavly today, with the ZA update....

so far so good. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:08 pm 
Upgraded to ZA 5.0.590.043 today, BT froze twice about half hour into downloading.

Post subject: damn..still probs
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:31 am 
I think its time to look for another firewall!

still have lock ups but ran for a day without one!

:( :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:14 am 
Looks like some are right on the money here.

For me it's working great with:

- the OLD Linksys router firmware
- the Windows update installed
- Zone Alarm shut down

See the other sticky thread for more discussion on this, by the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:52 pm 
For everyone having problems:

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/boar ... e.id=11594

I followed the instructions on how to do a "clean" uninstall and reinstalled version 4.5, and by download speeds are faster, and no more lock ups! :o

Hope this helps some of you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:43 pm 
i have a lan setup here, with a NAT router. Im using the freebie version of ZoneAlarm 4.5, bittornado and EVERY other online program i have, and both joining and creating multiplayer games, and teamspeak and all that crap works perfectly. Ive checked shieldsup website and my necessary ports are stealthed/blocked.

the last 2 reinstalls i did i was trying to get zonelarm 5 working with many applications i have and it just seemed it didnt like running with a router or windows ics at all. get rid of it fro your computer its a dirty piece of xxxx, get 4.5 it does what you need doesnt exactly hog much resource and its FREE!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next