the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:01 am 
1. Are there a ways to open ports(to use bittorrent) for the windows built-in firewall?

2. Is it safe if I stick with windows built-in firewall? (Short on RAM T__T and don't want to run any personal firewall if possible )

Thank you ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:37 pm 

Opening ports are mainly for Routers and their firewalls I believe. Software based firewalls only ask the user to weither to allow the program to commiucate to other computers. From my experience mainly.

Also I would get other personal firewalls from Mcafee and other such companies. And disable the windows firewall. Its A good idea not to have more than 1 software based firewall on your computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:11 am 
Access the properties of you protected connection, then go to the advanced tab and click on settings. Now you have to add a new "service":
Click on Add..,
then enter a desrciption (e.g. bittornado),
put in the network name or the LAN IP of your computer,
enter external port 6881 and internal port 6881,
choose protocol TCP
click OK

This will open/allow one port, you can repeat this steps for more ports if needed.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]