the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:41 pm 
Looks good to me grstot. I'm still wondering how he'll be able to support all systems with this new gui. Damn I wish I could get that Qtorrent frontend to work.....T_T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:22 pm 

what happened to all of zero's pictures? all thats left are the changed versions of zero's pictures by zep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:37 am 
yeah... zero owned!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:17 pm 

I'll see if I can post them again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:20 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:11 am 

i just love looking at your peice of art zero i just love it and that guy didn't post the original pictures in his little web page.. and instead put the modded ones with the name Zep o well and nobody is posting skins anymore. i check back 10 times a day everyday hoping for a new version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:53 am 

Anonymous wrote:

That's me in the quote again. @£!#"!!! Why doesn't things go my way today.. :(

Pleaase.. Mozilla, don't screw up now. Here's the skin pic:

That's me in the quote. I'm always too lazy to log in while i'm here. :roll:

But i finally got Photoshop so now i can make some nicer skins. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:59 am 
Wow really nice zero.. I want that skin!
Where can you download the skins that have been shown in this thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:20 pm 

Dot wrote:
Wow really nice zero.. I want that skin!
Where can you download the skins that have been shown in this thread?

lol, dude read the first post. These aren't skins you can download, they aren't even real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:38 am 
The main thing I have noticed about all of these is that upload settings for each torrent are hidden away. I like being able to manually adjust bandwidth depending on where seeds are and how much bandwidth I have, so having it out in the open (as is now) would be the best solution.

By the way...why bloat up a damn BitTorrent client with RSS? It is made to download torrents! Sigh... At least some of the later submissions have it.

Also, what is up with this whole skinning craze? I use BitTornado becuase it works, and I don't have to deal with "skins" - it'll look the same no matter which operating system I use. Besides, you don't get the "tray icon" thing with KDE :)

Which do I personally like, in general? The one that looks the most like the original, minus the skins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:08 pm 
It's not a craze, TheShad0w asked for suggestions...

Quote:
Work now begins on an all-new unified BitTorrent GUI client, with multiple torrents downloaded and queued in a single window. I am therefore starting a contest where you folks can design your own dream BitTorrent graphical interface!

Pretty designs are nice, but I'm sorry, windows are going to be rectangular. Feel free to experiment though. Extra points given for usability and layout. I'll set up a poll in a few weeks to choose the best concept. I can't guarantee that's what the final product will look like, but I'll hopefully be finding good ideas in all your works.

Let the skinning begin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:22 am 

True wrote:
The main thing I have noticed about all of these is that upload settings for each torrent are hidden away. I like being able to manually adjust bandwidth depending on where seeds are and how much bandwidth I have, so having it out in the open (as is now) would be the best solution.

By the way...why bloat up a damn BitTorrent client with RSS? It is made to download torrents! Sigh... At least some of the later submissions have it.

Also, what is up with this whole skinning craze? I use BitTornado becuase it works, and I don't have to deal with "skins" - it'll look the same no matter which operating system I use. Besides, you don't get the "tray icon" thing with KDE :)

Which do I personally like, in general? The one that looks the most like the original, minus the skins.

I totaly agree. Things like RSS and fancy looks are side issues, adding a functional queue/mutlitorrent-system is what's it all about. Id like to see something like ABC's one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:08 pm 
please dont bloat the download with skins and silly shit like that, stick to functionality, thats what bittornado is about, not looking pretty

being useful has nothing to do with using slanted looking progress bars, no offence

please give us the option to just use regular windows theme or whatever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:17 pm 
qda wrote:
please dont bloat the download with skins and silly shit like that, stick to functionality, thats what bittornado is about, not looking pretty

being useful has nothing to do with using slanted looking progress bars, no offence

please give us the option to just use regular windows theme or whatever

I kinda agree, I just want to see a nice GUI thats simple and allows multiple torrents in one window.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:53 pm 
True wrote:

Yes, and RSS is made to find torrents! Please, please, please add RSS functionality. Place it on a tab to keep the window size small.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next