the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: "Special" 0.3.10
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:02 pm 
I'm surprised this link hasn't been stickied. it took me a while to find it through the forums. here it is, it fixes the sticking-to-task-manager problem:

http://bittornado.com/download/special/ ... nstall.exe

Post subject: Still sticks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:05 pm 
This hasnt stopped the client staying in memory and needing to be manually killed in the process list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:22 pm 
This one worked great for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:26 pm 
It also fixed the problem for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:33 pm 

No problems here with this version on XP SP2 and Win98 SE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:42 am 
This version solved my sticking problems :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:07 pm 
This fixed my "sticking-to-task-manager" problem, but introduced new one. This is first version occasionally freezing transfers (because of "corrupt download") and instructing to restart them. Restart usually fixes the situation, but it's annoying to keep on checking transfers manually by one by one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:38 pm 
could this version possibly cause problems when uploading stats to the tracker too? It seems like it "End Task" to itself which may halt all the operations.

Most likely that is not an issue. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:39 am 
ummm yeah its not sending 'finished' signal or whatever to tracker. stays up till timeout?? wait for real fix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:43 am 
Had the problem with btdownloadgui.exe sticking in Task Manager. Downloaded and installed BitTornado-0.3.10-Py2.3-w32install.exe as suggested.

Now I get many, many (one per peer, I guess) Security Alerts from Norton Antivirus Internet Worm Protection. I have clicked "Permit", and gone to NAV options and made certain that Internet Worm Protection for btdownloadgui.exe is set to "Permit All", but the alerts keep coming. They continue to come even after I have closed BitTornado!

Any ideas on what's going on? (I'm going to revert to 0.3.10 to see if this behavior stops.)

Post subject: Problem Verified
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:07 am 
I have verified that the problem previously reported exists with BitTornado-0.3.10-Py2.3-w32install.exe. After uninstalling this Special Version, and reinstalling the "standard version" of 0.3.10, the problem is not evidenced.

Configuration is WinXP Pro, BitTornado 0.3.10, PeerGuardian 2, Norton AntiVirus 2005.

I hope this helps locate the problem - I still get the "leftover rogue" btdownloadgui.exe processes.

Post subject: Re: "Special" 0.3.10
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:56 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
I'm surprised this link hasn't been stickied. it took me a while to find it through the forums. here it is, it fixes the sticking-to-task-manager problem:

http://bittornado.com/download/special/ ... nstall.exe

Ok so it fixed some of it..

When you "finish" a download it shuts down in a couple minutes correctly in task manager.

But if you want to "pause" an active and not yet finished download and cancel it.....THEN it doesnt shut down in task manager automatically.

Bottom line is that the BUG havent been fixed completely yet !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:21 pm 
Agreed, the torrents still stay in the task manager. The first or second one will shutdown correctly but after that they dont want to give up the ghost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:33 am 
XP SP2 here, latest version, still sticky... only time it removes the process from task man is if/when a torrent fails to start and you close it -- otherwise if you go ahead and start the download, no matter if you stop download in the middle or when it's done it'll still remain in process list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:30 am 

thanks for the fix works great for me wasnt really a problem more of a anoience having to manuley clear it from the task maminger lol :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next