the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:09 am 
Whenever i try and download something i get this message someone told me this was normal but i left it running for 9 hours and nothing happened! I am new to all this and was wondering if someone could help. I thought it might have something to do with my firewall so i turned it off but i still get the message. Please Help! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:57 am 

10061 - Connection Refused

This error usually means that the machine that is running the tracker is up but the tracker program itself isn't.

Have you tried different torrents from different sites?

Do the torrents from http://www.slackware.com/getslack/torrents.php give you this problem?

Post subject: same problem
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:11 pm 
I've been having the same problem as the original poster of this topic. I tried your link out of curiosity and I could download. Actually It was faster than I have downloaded in the past. (I've been doing some port tweaking to try to solve this problem.)
It seemed like this had to be a problem on my end since so many of the torrents I've been trying to download have been giving me the message. Do you have any idea as to how I could fix this? I don't want to contact the host of the torrents for something that isn't their fault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:11 pm 

Connection refused errors that are only on specific torrents are the fault of the tracker administrators of the trackers of those specific torrents and there's nothing you can do to fix them.

Because the slackware torrents work for you, the problem is on their end, not yours.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]